Status
Not open for further replies.

drka-drka

New Schooler
o_rly.jpg

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
If it helps to be clear, the solution for the 'for sale' section requires you enter significant personal details to enter an advertisement.

It would add to the protection of SCN (the hosts) should a sale go badly, and either through Police request, or court order we would be at least able to provide the information provided to trace a person. The old system had nothing bar an IP address.

This information would be available to both buyer & seller alike.

That way, nobody has anything to hide - and if you put that you lived at a made up address, it's easy to spot who's untrustworthy.

Now your talking.

Look buddy i'm not trying to antagonise you but I just think this site woud really benefit fom a parts for sale section YES I KNOW THE REASON YOU GOT RID OF IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Do you have the software to apply the above on the site???

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Do you have the desire to organise and run your own forum?

What about the desire to help a handful of idiots who are too stupid to pay attention to warnings and end up getting scammed?

I can very much understand the desire part

Man after my own heart

After several years of being called literally 'everything' you can imagine - direct & personal abuse because I've made a call to remove a section... Yup, maybe the 'desire' to spend many hours of my own time to put a far better solution in place needs to be relit before I do it.

oldskool

What about the desire to help a handful of idiots who are too stupid to pay attention to warnings and end up getting scammed?

if i had the skills yes, i would run a forum, if people are stupid enough to ignore the warnings given to them, then its tough, they were warned, if they choose to ignore it then its down to them. Hopefully that shows where a few of us stand in relation to this issue. Not meant to be sarcastic or offensive, just saying thats all. PS I used to be a moderator on another forum.:)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

I believe he can answer for himself so remove your lips from his ass.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Man after my own heart

After several years of being called literally 'everything' you can imagine - direct & personal abuse because I've made a call to remove a section... Yup, maybe the 'desire' to spend many hours of my own time to put a far better solution in place needs to be relit before I do it.

This is such a big site and I believe as do most others that the for sale section is the only thing thats missing.

All those ones that get scammed are (I think) adults and can hopefully work out who the scammers are.

oldskool

50 posts before you can advertise anything & 3 months active membership, such as on ukmkivs. could that be implemented here?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Look, I know you think that's the answer, but we had people with many years & 000's of posts caught scamming.

Until I can implement the new stuff, it's not happening.

Unless either of you two will pay for any claims?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Have you had to pay for the claims???

Surely thats what the disclaimers at the top of every section is for???

Look all we're trying to do is give a few ideas to help out or at least try to. Theres no need to get a bit narky about it lol.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I believe he can answer for himself so remove your lips from his ass.

My lips are nowhere near his ass. In fact, I often disagree with morks ideas/decisions.

But it's his (and a few others) site. And Unlike the majority of people desperate for the for sale section to return, I come here every day and have done for over 6 years and I'm sick fed up reading posts about bringing back the for sale section. While the people who run the site don't want it, then the handful of people who ,IMO, haven't contributed a lot to the forum should stop harping on about it.

Tbh if I was mork, every time one of these posts comes up, I'd delete it and hand out infractions. Instead, he takes his time to respond, and is still no better thought of.

There's half a dozen things he could do (like posted above) and every one of those things has been posted minimum twice a week for the last 3 months.
Everyone thinks they have the ultimate solution. When in all honesty, those posting aren't willing to (or dont have the ability to) do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.