seized valve cap

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
does any 1 no how to get a ceased valve cap of without damaging the valve:cry: and also i got a lcr and its deloveped a flat spot any ideas what it could be any help to either would be greatfull thanks

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
put spare on, take it to tyre shop simple, the metal ones corrode on and u can try what u like it aint coming off, not that much to get a new valve fitted, dont have to fully take the tyre off, plus if you take it as a loose wheel it will be cheaper.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Also shows you dont check tyre pressures regular too, if you are going to use metal valve caps then my advice is put a smear of copper slip on the thread and it helps to stop it seizing, i had them on my bike and i checked pressures weekly as there vital on a motorbike, not somthing to neglect.

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
I've had this and through a combination of heat and mild brute force managed to remove them with minimal damage to the valve stem, using a lighter, pliers with black electrical tape wrapped around the jaws to hold the valve stem and small molegrips on the hideous cheap and nasty aluminium valve caps. :shrug:

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
thanks for the advice went got a new valve today cudent get it of even tried heat and tryed to cut though the cap thought fuk it £5 from kwick robb

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members