Selective unlocking on/off without vag-com or MFD

vgroisma

Hello All.

I own a seat leon 2011 1.8 TSI.

I bought the car second hand and got 2 keys (fobs).

initially , one key would unlock just the driver door with one click, and second click would unlock all the rest.

the second key would unlock all doors with the first click.

after about half a year of only using the second key , for some reason it started behaving like the first key (one click to unlock just the drivers door).

I don't have the MFD in which i can configure this behavior , so i guess this was turned on by some other accidental key-combination i did.

any idea how this can be adjusted without the use of an MFD or vag-com ?

also, this affected the behavior of the auto-lock above 15 kph (which can be enabled/disabled by long clicking the physical lock/unlock buttons inside the car).

previously when the car would auto-lock, when i stop and open the drivers door it would also unlock the rest of the doors (so i can take my baby kid from the back door) ,but now it just unlocks the driver door, and i need to use the remote to unlock the rest of the doors ... (driving me crazy every time i attempt to open the back door and it is locked :))

Thanks!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi just checked wot handbook says here goes
locks personalisation:
selective locking with drivers door OPEN TURN KEY 2 UNLOCK 4 APPROX 3 SECS

2 deactivate reverse of above TURN KEY 2 LOCK

auto locking:
press lock on the REMOTE FOB 4 APPROX 3SEC

(deactivate pressUNLOCK ON REMOTE FOB 4 APPROX 3 SEC)

lozmachine

So you're saying just press and hold unlock for 3 seconds and it will make it always unlock all doors?

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi guys don't know if it'll b same on pre fl cos mine's 2012 model what I put in my above post's all it says about it in handbook guess it should b same on pre fl but cant guarantee it :confused:as I've only book 4 my car
Did mine other day as when I went shoppin pressed unlock on remote&all doors&boot was unlocked didn't know if this autolock thingy was activated but unlocked other day then got talking 2 a neighbour 4 ages when I finaly got 2 get in car had locked itself:D

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
Tried this in my pre FL and it didn't work or maybe I missed something.
I opened the drivers door and while holding the key fob in my hand I hold the lock button for 3-4 seconds and the windows and mirrors closed. Nothing else happened.
If I try the opposite the windows go down.
This happens ni matter if the door is open or not.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi jocco yeah windows will open themselves u have 2 .USE THE KEY in the lock not key fob buttons.
funny thing when I did mine windows open'd then when I shut door&closed widows next day got in as usual key in ignition&turned so all dash lights came on my mirrors folded out automatic wi out me havin 2 tun knob thingy don't say anything in book about that!!

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
Tried it and still no luck.
Turned the key in the door lock with the door open and the windows opened. Turned it the other way, and the windows closed and nothing else happened.
Am I doing something wrong again?

vgroisma

Hey.

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately it didn't work for me as well, i am experiencing the same behavior as jocco.

if i use the key only:
unlocking and holding rotated left for 3 seconds - opens all windows and unfolds mirrors (if were folded).
locking and holding rotated right - close all windows and fold mirrors (window closing stops if i release the key).

this is the same behavior that happens if i click the lock/unlock buttons on the fob (and hold them pressed).

my book doesn't say anything about enabling/disabling the selective on/off ... so i am not sure it is possible without VAG-COM , the reason i asked in first place is that somehow this behavior changed and i am not sure what caused the change.

Thank you for checking the book for me however!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi guys so guess it don't work on pre f/l kinda new 2 me also as previous car was mk1 Leon it didn't have fancy features had selective lockin but no mention in book as 2 enable/disable had leccy windows&folding mirrors windows could b open'd/shut from key in lock but not fold mirrors&this being able 2 close windows/fold mirrors from key fob's great till it eventualy goes wrong:lol:
can only tell ya what my book says worth tryin anyway sorry didn't work 4 u.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I'm pretty sure the 1.8TSI is facelift model only.

Could it be that the changes occurred when the car was last at the dealer? Maybe during a service some changes were made?

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Tell dealer @next service if it worked earlier as dealer service include a diagnostic scan.will b taking mine 2dealer 4 it's1st service as I get this glow plg light fltashin occasionaly& it goes into limp mode various other vw forums suggest EGR valve but I've still some warranty left so let them look!!

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
On my pre facelift I just held the unlock button on the center console down with the ignition on. On my facelift I put the key in and held unlock until all the windows were down then locked it with the remote and it worked ?.

toMatSt96

Sep 17, 2018
Hello... Today I search internet about this theme and found this in original user manual for facelift model 2009:

Automatic locking after exceed speed about 15km/h:
Turn On --- Hold lock button in central console for about 3 seconds, then lock button flash 3 times to confirm activation
Turn Off --- Hold unlock button in central console the sams time as above - lock button flash 3 times to confirm deactivation.
I tried with doors closed and engine started, but it should work in every situation...

Next selective unlocking of driver door:
Turn On --- In unlocked car open driver door, turn key to unlock position and hold while the indicator lamps lamps flash (first time will flash immediately when turn key to unlock, next flash will be after more than 3 seconds, maybe after all windows will be opened)
Turn Off - Everything same, but turn key to lock position...

It is all written down in user manual online at www.seat.com, I found there also combination to turn off Daytime Running Lights... :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members