Selling cupra...

Johnyboy

due to financial circumstances at university, i need to sell my cupra... :( . Costing me too much to run etc. It is Y reg, Arctic grey, one previous owner, only 22,000 recent Mot/ Service, Mint condition. Not in an urgent rush to sell. Whats the best price could i get for it in people opinions. John

Johnyboy

what price should i put it up for?anyone. does 6k seem about right :confused:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i paid £6.100 for my cupra 2 months ago couple of mods just spacers and splitter 11 months mot 11 months tax 32k and fssh.:D

As your has lower milage id say 6.5/7k?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Yeh but a 1.6 sport isnt a Cupra, also depends on the area you live as to how much you will get and if there are any others for sale at the time.

well yea but my point is mileage doesnt really make a BIG difference now a days as cars from like 2000+ are expected to last over 220k miles

my dads 92 plate 2001 modeo has done 197k miles still purring like a kitten

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
easily worth £6500 imo

milege might not be important to some people, but those who dont know how good these engines are, they will be looking for as low as possible, so it is very important

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
£6500-7K I reckon!

Being un-modified gives a clean break for anyone wishing to work on it...

I bought an X reg on 44K nearly 2yrs ago at £8K... if that helps...

Mike

Johnyboy

Johnyboy

i reckon about 6k doesnt matter on mileage to be honest. my mate at work sold his 2000 1.6 ibiza sport with 24k miles and only got 2.6k

mileage differentiates car value, the same car with 30k on the clock is worth more than the same car with 60k on the clock, regardless of how long the engines last. I understand your point though :)

cupratiz

I paid 6.5k for a 2001(51) Yellow Cupra with 38k miles. I got it in Feb.

I guess it depends how badly someone wants it. I knew exactly what I wanted so I think I might have paid over the odds-but I didnt care!

markupra

Sep 4, 2006
I must've got mine ridiculously cheap by the sounds of it then! Mine is a 2001 with 21k on it got it for a lot less than 7k!

markupra

Sep 4, 2006
yep, and the person you're buying it off.. think the guy I bought mine off just wanted rid of it and didnt really know the market.

cupratiz

plus as a psychological thing, if its un-modded I would tend to hope it might not have been given so much stick!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise