SEM manifold works better at higher boost/power.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Well I have to eat some humble pie and admit that I was *kind of* wrong!

At 21psi of boost I had convinced myself that the SEM made little difference to my car, I honestly didn't feel much difference. Now running at 25psi (1.7 BAR), switching back from the stock LCR manifold over to the SEM and 70mm TB again I can now feel a noticeable difference! Stronger push in the back, more torque steer on bumpy roads, feels more of an animal now! Throttle response is better with the 70mm TB too, when full boost hits in 3rd gear ... hang on tight!!! :scary: The SEM loves boost!!!

bay3-1.jpg

bay2-1.jpg

bay1-1.jpg

bay4-1.jpg

Overall I am very happy with all the hardware, car pulls very hard and very smooth now with fuelling, timing, etc. all spot on. Once the rattly CAT is sorted I'll have it dyno'd at Extreme.

Huge thanks to Issam for his help in getting me sorted out with the hardware I wanted. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Don R

Well I have to eat some humble pie and admit that I was *kind of* wrong!

At 21psi of boost I had convinced myself that the SEM made little difference to my car, I honestly didn't feel much difference. Now running at 25psi (1.7 BAR), switching back from the stock LCR manifold over to the SEM and 70mm TB again I can now feel a noticeable difference! Stronger push in the back, more torque steer on bumpy roads, feels more of an animal now! Throttle response is better with the 70mm TB too, when full boost hits in 3rd gear ... hang on tight!!! :scary: The SEM loves boost!!!

bay3-1.jpg

bay2-1.jpg

bay1-1.jpg

bay4-1.jpg

Overall I am very happy with all the hardware, car pulls very hard and very smooth now with fuelling, timing, etc. all spot on. Once the rattly CAT is sorted I'll have it dyno'd at Extreme.

Huge thanks to Issam for his help in getting me sorted out with the hardware I wanted. :thumbup:

Rob, I'm glad you've realized it's true potential and I appreciate your willingness to give it another chance. It belongs in your engine bay...look how nice and content it sits...[B)]

Matt B

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I need to get hold of a custom pipe like the one in these pics. I contacted Forge today thinking it was one of theirs but they said its custom job.

If the OP is around maybe he could contact me with the details. I dont seem to have PM ability, maybe its cos I aint from round these parts ooo arrrr

Matt B

Sorry, I mean the pipe from the intercooler exit to the throttle body. Looks like it has MAP sensor and DV relocation. Would need a meth nozzle port for me too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
For the custom pipes Forge Motorsport made for me, here are the drawings I did and sent to Forge:

intake-pipe.gif

coldside-pipe.gif

hotside-pipe.jpg

Hopefully these are what people are looking for.

If you fancy a SEM manifold, rods, etc. then I would suggest contacting Issam at INA.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.