Server News & 2005 SEATCupra.net Statistics

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
one word...."respect"

cheers admin, you know who you are :) , mind you if it crashes tonight, i think martyn will be under the bonnet of his beezer, and not on here :(

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
nugget said:
wonder who else makes the 0.1% of us Linux users.....
I think Muddyboots is another Linux user and I would be if I could get the damn wireless to work properly with WPA on this thing. :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how many posts?? feck me... :hide:

where do I find the time to do that and all the other things...

I need a rest... (and a life!)

Onward and Upward to SCN for 2006 & big thanks to those who keep this place running. It is appreciated even if it is'nt said much.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
KarenJ said:
Hands up the Mac and Safari user :redface:

Heard that 80% of statistics were made up anyway :bleh:

Happy New year and all that!

Me probably. Use it most of the time on the Mac, other than that i use Firefox on the PC. :) Still waiting to see if Apple will release Safari the PC :p

Stats maybe made up in other places, I wouldn't know ;) but we don't manufacture our figures, they are what they are, hence why we've just had to spend a load of dosh, to make sure it doesn't fold in on itself.

We also seperate all hits and views made by search engine robots etc, non of the figures above include the robots etc that commonly hit webpages, our stats system, filters those out to give us a more acurate figure of bandwidth and server usage.

An example of how figures can be fiddled on a forum, is the most users online feature, which is temporarily disabled at the moment, due to reducing server loads etc, but that can be fidddled, by increasing the delay on the cookie that activates when a member visits the forum.

For example, you visit the forum, cookie is set to 30mins, but your only on for 5 mins, then log off. According to the software, your still on the forum, even though your long gone.

Set that to several hours, and then you see how easy it is to have most users online in a period of time. The best method is taking an average of user activity over a period of time, like ive done above, weekdays we average over 900 a day, and weekends around 700.

Even though last year we saw over a thousand online during a day, the actual best figure for users onlien at anyone time, ie that the cookie saw in one cycle was.

909 (30-06-2005 13:41)

Last edited:

KarenJ

May 10, 2005
In my own little world.....
ZBOYD said:
Me probably. Use it most of the time on the Mac, other than that i use Firefox on the PC. :) Still waiting to see if Apple will release Safari the PC :p

I'm on Mac and Safari too - wanting to get one for home - will do one day.

Keep up the good work boys! [B)]

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
KarenJ said:
Hands up the Mac and Safari user :redface:

Happy New year and all that!
It used to be me too, until my ibook had a coming together with some coke. :cry:

One day I'll get a new one though... :yes:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.