1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Service book

Discussion in 'SEAT brand general discussion' started by cejsmith, May 16, 2019 at 8:54 AM.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith Full Member

My new cupra has arrived , but it doesn’t seem to have a service book when I looked in the pack. Is this standard now or is it just missing?

2. wolverine_uk

wolverine_uk Full Member

I believe its now standard on new cars.
    Heard it mentioned a few times.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boroboy likes this.
  3. Yern

Yern Full Member

Dealer told me on delivery they weren't used anymore - keep any invoices.

Boroboy likes this.
  4. Boroboy

Boroboy Full Member

Suppose if you wanted to, you could buy one and have it stamped. I'm a bit old school, like the good old service book. Like a lot of other things Inc mot, tax all done online now.

5. wolverine_uk

wolverine_uk Full Member

If you want a service book add RPS on Facebook think its £16 with correct print out for your car inside.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boroboy likes this.
  6. perelaar

perelaar Full Member

I was told on delivery my Cupra Ateca that service book is now fully digital - but can at all times request an export of it.

Boroboy likes this.
  7. JSM Cupra

JSM Cupra Member

yep I was told that there would be no service book. Guess it is to help Seat keep the servicing within the dealerships. Not very helpful when you come to sell the car as there will be no 'service book' to show what's been done. Instead you have to rely on your invoices. I can understand tax etc being done electronically but the service book is crucial to show what and when the services were carried out.
    And it probably helps Seat keep the servicing within the dealerships.

Boroboy likes this.
  8. perelaar

perelaar Full Member

I was told it was very easy to export the electronic format service history, and have something on paper. But indeed, keeping invoices is always a good idea.

A stamp in a booklet does not tell me anything; an invoice seems more "proof" to me. Depending on the setup of their service tracking system it might be equally reliable.

Boroboy likes this.
  9. JSM Cupra

JSM Cupra Member

When i have sold cars before now, nothing beats a fully stamped Service Book and a pile of invoices that correspond. Like I say, this new system benefits Seat, not the customer in my opinion!

Boroboy, Seastormer and Legojon like this.
  10. perelaar

perelaar Full Member

No difference with having a pile of invoices matching the digital service book? On condition one can easily obtain a paper copy of it?

Boroboy likes this.
  11. TheSwede

TheSwede Full Member

VW have also this. About a year ago I got our 2018 Golf Alltrack. No service book. I bought one as a “spare part” for about 10 EUR. Of cause I want a service book :)! When I do extra oil changes between ordinary service I write it in the book. Save the invoices – yes but the book gives you a good over view.

My 2018 Seat came with service book:D.

/Peter

Boroboy likes this.
  12. Boroboy

Boroboy Full Member

As previously stated, no service book benefits Seat only. Should have gave customers the choice, book or no book. It's a real hardship for a dealership to stamp a book. I'd rather have a book with receipts, than a handful of receipts, with no book.