Service / Interval Query

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Guys, my Ibiza needs a service and I am trying to work out what's needed, can you give me some pointers please? I have a feeling it is a major one :blink:...

The car currently has 105k miles on it, last service was just over 12 months ago which was an oil change service only, with oil filter, plus fuel filter and pollen filter change. Prior to that it had 2 oil change services again and nothing major until 3 years ago from now

The Cambelt was last changed @ 76k miles 3 years ago
Brake fluid last changed at 76k miles 3 years ago
Coolant last replaced at 76k 3 years ago
Can't see when the plugs were last changed

I reckon I need to do the brake fluid, coolant, plugs and oil/filter service without the fuel filter and pollen filter. What I'm not sure about is the interval on the cambelt after it's already had one done? Got a feeling it's 60k / 4 years, so I should have another year left?

Also is it worth just getting genuine parts or anything upgraded, like plugs etc? Any advice appreciated thanks...

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
as far as im aware cambelt is every 60k or 4 years if i where you would do all the other things so you know that its all ok, parts wise would get them from dave at sere motors but i did not get seat spark plugs got some bosch super 4 plugs cheaper than seat ones and would they are better too much easier to start the car etc etc

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Cheers chris, was thinking of getting it all from dave you know!! Only things I may get non genuine may be plugs as you say and brake fluid, just not 100% sure what would be best?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.