Service plans - what's everyone gone for?

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Currently mulling over whether I sign up to one of my dealers three year service plans, or if I go rogue and get it done elsewhere.

I've been quoted around £510 for a 36 months service plan (which will cover 1 minor service, 1 major service and another minor service).
They've also quoted me £685 for a plan that covers the same services but also covers "maintenance", which includes brakes, bulbs, wipers etc.

Now both of these sound fairly pricey to me, so I was wondering what other people on the forum are doing.

Also I assume that if I do get the car serviced somewhere other than a Seat delear it won't invalidate the warranty? Or will it?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Just pay for the services when you need them. The plans were better in the past when you paid £100 for 3 years servicing.

I would also use a Seat dealer whilst your car is still under warranty.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Currently mulling over whether I sign up to one of my dealers three year service plans, or if I go rogue and get it done elsewhere.

I've been quoted around £510 for a 36 months service plan (which will cover 1 minor service, 1 major service and another minor service).
They've also quoted me £685 for a plan that covers the same services but also covers "maintenance", which includes brakes, bulbs, wipers etc.

Now both of these sound fairly pricey to me, so I was wondering what other people on the forum are doing.

Also I assume that if I do get the car serviced somewhere other than a Seat delear it won't invalidate the warranty? Or will it?

I have my own mechanic that I’m friends with that only charges me the cost of items and repairs, no charge for labor. Much cheaper for me. Service for like £60

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'm on a 3 year SEAT plan. It's cheaper than the fixed price annuals tot up to, and includes 3 x annuals, 1 x A/C service, 1 x MOT, and the year 3 breakdown cover. £11 per month and I'll have FSH - unlike getting my mate to do it cheap (which I would always do with an old car...god knows my next door neighbour used to service my AX diesel every 8 weeks as it racked up starship mileage)

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I was only offered a dealer service plan, and as the car came from Liverpool and we live near Chichester, that didn’t seem like a good idea! Does SEAT offer a service plan?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
On the SEAT UK website Servicing and Maintenance page:

"SEAT fixed price service plans for SEAT cars new to 8 years old"

I expect that can be done at any franchised SEAT dealer.

I did get caught out previously when unexpectedly moving 400 miles away from our Dealer servicing plan garage though!

Luckily the same dealer group had the same franchise only 100 miles distant from the new house.

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
On the SEAT UK website Servicing and Maintenance page:

"SEAT fixed price service plans for SEAT cars new to 8 years old"

I expect that can be done at any franchised SEAT dealer.

I did get caught out previously when unexpectedly moving 400 miles away from our Dealer servicing plan garage though!

Luckily the same dealer group had the same franchise only 100 miles distant from the new house.

Ah thanks. So that’s 18 lots of £22.99 for two services, including breakdown cover in year 2. Seems pretty good value for a main dealer service history?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Ah thanks. So that’s 18 lots of £22.99 for two services, including breakdown cover in year 2. Seems pretty good value for a main dealer service history?

SEAT give 2 years breakdown cover gratis with new cars don't they?

I think those figures you have may be for a pre-owned approved SEAT?

For a private owner, I think FSH is a must when it's time to get rid, but if it's a lease car...whatever?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
SEAT give 2 years breakdown cover gratis with new cars don't they?

I think those figures you have may be for a pre-owned approved SEAT?

For a private owner, I think FSH is a must when it's time to get rid, but if it's a lease car...whatever?

Seems to apply to car between 0 and 3 months old, which I take to mean you have to sign up within 3 months of registration. Could be wrong though. And yes, I’ve checked, you do seem to get two years breakdown cover with the car anyway. Even so, for two services the price seems reasonable?

http://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-s.../service-plans-spread-cost/0-to-3-months.html

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It seems pricey - mine is £408 for 3 years. Check local SEAT dealers for discount servicing first before signing up.
Over on Briskoda.net it's clear that not all Skoda UK dealers charge the same.

Last edited:

foffis

Feb 2, 2018
I got 3 year free service and breakdowns, even if you ran out of gas its free :)
If you finance via seat 1.95%
Pretty good deal!
Standard Service is approx 500€ here..
Our old ibiza we bought new had 3services in 3 years...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
It seems pricey - mine is £408 for 3 years. Check local SEAT dealers for discount servicing first before signing up.
Over on Briskoda.net it's clear that not all Skoda UK dealers charge the same.

That sounds like a good deal! Does it include any maintenance?

I've been quoted £516 for three years servicing - £685 for three years servicing plus maintenance (apparently including replacing brake parts, but not sure the brakes will need replacing after 30,000 miles?)

Still the prices quoted by my dealer seem to work out a bit cheaper than the official Seat plans - calculated the Seat two year plan works out as just under £415 for two years - opposed to £516 for three.

Unless the Seat plan also include maintenance/new parts as well? I didn't see anything to indicate that though.

I'm inclined to have it serviced in some official Seat capacity though, seeing as it's a new car still under warranty.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'm certain my price does not include consumables - pads, tyres etc, but £11.30 a month is all it costs for all that I listed above at post#4. Dealer is Westgate SEAT, but they have been taken over by DM Keith since I did the deal in September.

Brakes on the previous Toledo were amber on wear when traded in at 36000. Brakes on Ibiza just needed a service, but no new parts, at 22000.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.