Servicing contracts and LifeShine

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
Hey

Ordered a TFSI FR on monday :D now got a 2-4 week await...

The salesman told me about their servicing contracts, although he could not give me an exact price as the FR wasn't on the system he said it should be between 40-50 a month based on about 16k miles which included tyres. Does anyone else have one?? Is there anything that isn't covered that I should be aware of?? Do they offer good value??

I was also asked if I wanted AutoGlym LifeShine for 195quid. Has anyone had this applied and is it worth it??

Thanks

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
shuikit said:
Hey

Ordered a TFSI FR on monday :D now got a 2-4 week await...

The salesman told me about their servicing contracts, although he could not give me an exact price as the FR wasn't on the system he said it should be between 40-50 a month based on about 16k miles which included tyres. Does anyone else have one?? Is there anything that isn't covered that I should be aware of?? Do they offer good value??

I was also asked if I wanted AutoGlym LifeShine for 195quid. Has anyone had this applied and is it worth it??

Thanks

Can't really comment on whether the service contract is good or not, but my car (1.9TDI) is leased and the manitenance contract is about £106 per month for 40.000 miles per year.

As for the lifeshine, well it all depends on what type or car washer you are.
If your the type who just rams it through the car wash every few weeks then its worth it (but don't pay £195).
If you wash and polish/wax every weekend, then it is just not even worth considering. All the lifeshine is, is a good quality sealant for the paint. Anything you put on yourself later is going to take it off.

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
I had a Seat (well VW Finance) service contract on my Ibiza (it's expired now).

I was paying £43 a month including tyres based on 20,000 miles/year. I reckon it was great VFM as I would get two services and two or three pairs of tyres a year for my money (£516 a year). It doesn't cover new tyres if you get a puncture.

I don't think I had anything bar punctures it didn't cover but the dealer should be able to give you a booklet which details all of it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.