Servicing Costs

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Have just ordered one of these Seat DVD manuals of ebay, am hoping, no I know it will save me money in the future !!!

Have just had a 50k service and a MOT done today for 160quid not too bad considering it was carried out at a Stealer (Spur Garage Hampton Court)
Quite amazed they didn't "find" any issues that needed rectifying to
pass its MOT after notes posted elsewhere in this forum !!

Touch wood.... it stays reliable.

Cheers
Mark.

Snarf

One thing I want to check. The schedule says cambelt change at 60k miles, nothing about 4 years. My car has done 20k miles but is a 54 plate (registered Sept 04), it's just coming up to its 4th service (middle of June).

Should I expect the cambelt to be changed? The brake fluid was changed at the last service, so I wouldn't expect that to happen this year, so what would I expect the cost to be on this service? As we're getting rid of the car after this service I really only want them to do the minimum service, but obviously in accordance with the service schedule.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi. I had a service, 40K carried out at Walsh's Motors in Belfast, good service, quick and clean too. Very pleasant to boot. All in was about £100. Recommended, got more of a report than the stealers ever give you! Thanks Eugene.

eugene walsh

Glad you are happy thanks for the business and the good feedback nice one.Eugene

JohnS

Just had 30k service at my local Unipart car care centre, cost £95 inc vat. They spoke to my local Seat dealer, bought the oil and parts from them and did the job, stamped my book, kept the remaining 6 months warranty, got the remaining unused oil back(nice touch since I had paid for it) and saved about £90.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Just had 30k service at my local Unipart car care centre, cost £95 inc vat. They spoke to my local Seat dealer, bought the oil and parts from them and did the job, stamped my book, kept the remaining 6 months warranty, got the remaining unused oil back(nice touch since I had paid for it) and saved about £90.

Suprised Seat allowed that! But a good saving there,well done! :)

JohnS

As I am led to believe, as long as you use genuine parts and the garage is vat re.gistered then the warranty will be kept up. The first question the garage asked me was the car still in warranty When I replied yes they then said they would have to price the parts and get back to me, which is exactly what they did to me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.