Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest - time is running out to book your place at our annual get together. Free car stickers included for attendees: Find out more

Servicing - N.Somerset - Holders

Discussion in 'SEAT Servicing & Maintenance' started by Greydar, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Greydar

Greydar Full Member

Just booked my precious Cupra 290 here for its first service. I hope you do a good job guys because I am going to describe the whole process here, warts 'n all.

2. Greydar

Greydar Full Member

Post Service

No complaints about the service, although the place was in turmoil due to a total refit. Us poor customers had to sit huddled in a cold bare showroom whilst workmen painted and put down carpet and constructed shelving around us. I know this is a rare occurrence but couldn't we have been given the use of some under-manager's office whilst we waited? A bit of forethought on behalf of the manager would have made the whole experience more tolerable. Still, the staff were apologetic and friendly. Costs were around £90 each for labour and parts (then add VAT) They provide a "healthcheck video" which you can D/l later which is somewhat irrelevant unless I suppose they find some serious problems, video them in detail, and then let you stress about them the next day. At least it is straightforward and honest (none of yer Quickfit nonsense here)
    They couldn't find any trace of the "Driver door contact fault" (separate thread) but I am hardly surprised.
    Shame about the refurbishment work but that is due to finish early Dec '17. I expect I shall be taking my car back to them - no reason why not. Hopefully it will be a lot more comfortable.

3. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

Holders are my local and I've been using them since the early 2000's. Always look after me. My wife was in the other day and said the refit was underway. Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.

Scott

4. Greydar

Greydar Full Member

Holders

It's always reassuring when someone has been going back to the same company for years and years. Thanks Scott.

5. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

No worries.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

6. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

Hi Greydar,

Rex the MD has been in touch with me and asked me to thank you for the feedback. Being very limited in space, they have done the best they can, but he says he is grateful for the opportunity to consider what they could do better and he's looking forward to getting back to normal in December.

Cheers,

Scott