Set speed limit indicator - VIDEO GUIDE

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Thought I would stick this up for those who "worry" about their speed :whistle:

Turn ignition on.
Side button on wiper stalk, scroll till you get the MPH setting.
Press button UNDERNEATH wiper stalk to start speed selection. You will see the dotted lines changes to 20MPH.
Use the button on the SIDE of the wiper stalk to select desired max speed warning.
Press the button UNDERNEATH the wiper stalk to set selection.

VIOLA!!!!

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n456/Mk2_Cupra/Videos/?action=view&current=MOV00376.mp4

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
Thanks for this. I know it (probably) mentions it in the handbook, but I would never have know such a thing existed without this. Now I must stop myself getting to the speed I set, just to hear it go "ping"!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL, no worries mate. I had it on for all of 5 minutes and then turned it off as it was driving me nuts.

KippeRFR

is it starting to beep all the time when your over the set speed? or just turning a light onboard?!
It might Be nice to let me know im going overspeed but when im doing it intentionally it will defintly drive me crazy.

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
It just pings the once.
So say if you set it for 70 (no higher of course LOL), it will ping once, but then that's it. The part of the display which you may have set to show outside temperature etc then changes and flashes "70 mph" for as long as you are travelling over your set limit.

Reactions: LeighPing1

businessconsult

Mar 23, 2016
Solihull
I found this by accident when mine beeped every time I reached 46MPH, turns out that if you press the button while scrolling through the options it sets it at the speed you were doing. Or rather you can go at the speed you want to be the max, then set it and it warns you when you go faster. Neat now I know what I did but really confusing for a day or so.

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Yes it's very annoying , I set mine to 250kph. (In my dreams I can't pass 190kph lol)

zollybosher

Dec 15, 2016
Sorry to hijack this thread but the above instructions dont seem relevant to my wifes car and even the techs at the main dealer are having problems
In a nutshell for some reason the speed limit is set to 20 mph!!! now she doesnt have any buttons on the end of the stalk or underneath for that matter she has a wheel which she can scroll through the menu and then depress to confirm a selection

We pull up the speed warning menu and it is set at 20 BUT there is no way you can delete it .. you can set a new value ---- and change it to 70 but then that gives you 2 warnings !! the 20 will not let you lower to 0 it will let you increase the value though so everytime the car gets to 20 mph the warning comes on which is really annoying.

We have tried setting the various settings back to defaults but this 20 still remains HOW do you get rid of this there must be some way but everyone seems to think she has buttons on or underneath her stick when she doesn't

Please help

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members