SFS Hose AH30 - Airbox

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Hi Guys,

i bought a SFS hose (part number AH30) a while ago, only just round to fitting today.....

I thought this pipe was to replace the small flexi plastic from the MAF to the solid air--intake plastic bit.....

Its too long and has a 45 deg bend half way down.........where does this hose go exactly lol?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
you got it right, just sfs have made a hash of making it. I had to cut mine. But after a while it became really soft, so ended up removing it all together!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sounds like SFS mount the part to long Chris. You may have to cut it down or get them to send you a replacement FOC. I got the SFS TIP that is pretty good so far, it goes all the way from turbo to airbox.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
from what ive read, the stock unit is very good and hard to beat, so it would be a looks only thing really. I've noticed some golf 150s have a metal tip.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I've just encountered the exact same problem! I bought the AH30 AND THE AH33 - if you fit the AH33 then you dont need the AH30 - so i sold mine on ebay without trying it against the car - the buyer then sent me a message saying that it was wrong.

I contacted SFS and have returned the pipe to them so they can re-design or re-supply the correct one.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The advantages of the SFS tip is that its bigger than the standard one so can flow more air.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
is it that much bigger? have u noticed its quite soft, as in you can squeeze it easily? my airbox to maf, was , well.. frankly rubbish.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
is it that much bigger? have u noticed its quite soft, as in you can squeeze it easily? my airbox to maf, was , well.. frankly rubbish.
Its not that soft as its wired although could be stronger I suppose. I havent had any issues and I am running nearly 260bhp...Anyhow the metal tip is the way forward :)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
anyone have part numbers for the vw metal tip?

JamesTIP.jpg

whats the best to replace the corregated plastic tubing between the TIP and the MAF with?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.