Shall be changing the clutch on the Arosa soon - tips?

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Have done a clutch on a Citroen AX a while back. We did it without removing the box itself, but just by splitting the engine and box - is this possible with the Arosa?

I've misplaced the alignment tool - are they absolutely necessary? Also, are any of the bolts single use?

Anything we should look out for at all, I take it that its a straight forward job.

Thanks in advance!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Its pretty much like any other clutch. I know Loops had a sachs clutch put in just before christmas and seems more than pleased with it. You will need an alignment tool though so I would get looking. Not sure about the bolts though.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I did indeed have a Sachs clutch fitted to the Arosa - i sent him to a garage though so can't advise on how to do it!

I did supply the clutch though, and there are no extra bolts or parts listed on my invoice so I don't think there are any single use bits - I seem to remember you don't even have to change the gearbox oil, although I had mine done anyway :)

I've been very happy with it, but I have a small problem of a whine (likely suspect is the thrust release bearing) so it may need to go back. It seems to be affected by cold temperatures as it's been worse when it drops below freezing.

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Release bearings don't normally whine as far as I know. Since you had the gear oil changed - are you sure its topped up to the correct level?

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Hello, thanks for the advice. Just doing the clutch now - does anyone know the pressure plate torque setting please?

Also, what is the hub nut torque setting?

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
All done and dusted including a full service, brake fluid and coolant change. Not bad for 6 hours work.

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
No worries, drives much nicer now.

Just got a bit of a noise from the cam cover - its only done 45k so seems a bit strange. Possibly a tensioner or idler?

Whats the cam belt interval?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Your book will tell you 60k or 6 years, but this was brought forward to every 40k or 4 years after a few failed early.

If it's not already been done on yours, it'll be overdue :)

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
My advice: DO IT.

Everytime mine touching another 40K on the clock it needed one! I only did 35K last time!!!!

Noddy plastic pulleys etc. huh.