Share your experience of Android-Auto, Apple Carplay, Mirrorlink

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I might have found the reason for AA disconnects - the cable supplied by the dealer. Tried a new one and it's all good so far.

Last edited:

petous

Apr 26, 2017
Czech Republic
How did u open the app in car? I have installed it but I don't see it anywhere...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
On kirankumar web site is video. User application is switched by bottom right button (original function of this button is exit from AA ). You must press the button repeatedly to start, like switch between Waze and Google maps etc .

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Been using Waze standalone for years but tried it out on AA for the first time today. It didn't show any delays overlaid on the map despite there being a 10 mile queue in the opposite direction on the M6. I reported the queue I was in and then it overlaid my report on the map but nothing else.

I'll do some more tests on the way home. This is with a Galaxy S7

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Been using CarPlay since I collected my car on NYE and the experience has been nothing short of terrible. Stays connected for 5-10 minutes and then disconnects and won’t reconnect until I restart my iPhone (6S Plus) and restart the car. In some cases it doesn’t connect at all. Does anyone know of any work arounds (apart from move to Android).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I do remember reading somewhere that there is still a lot of issues with CarPlay a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Been using CarPlay since I collected my car on NYE and the experience has been nothing short of terrible. Stays connected for 5-10 minutes and then disconnects and won’t reconnect until I restart my iPhone (6S Plus) and restart the car. In some cases it doesn’t connect at all. Does anyone know of any work arounds (apart from move to Android).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried a different cable?

Mine used to do that all the time, though on Android, it would just drop out randomly.

Changed to a different cable and all has been fine since

Bobbajob

Sep 25, 2017
Mine never drops out but sometimes it doesn't want to connect first time, it's very hit and miss (android auto galaxy S7 Edge)

Exactly the same phone as me and same problem.

It is hit and miss whether it will connect. More often than not it doesn't.

I've tried multiple cables and none solve the problem.

Think of doing a full reset of my phone to see if that helps.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Exactly the same phone as me and same problem.

It is hit and miss whether it will connect. More often than not it doesn't.

I've tried multiple cables and none solve the problem.

Think of doing a full reset of my phone to see if that helps.

Yeah I've tried a few cables, closing all apps on the phone etc, normally rebooting the screen helps, but not always

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
I’ve used both Apple car play and android auto since getting my new Leon in October last year. I have an iPhone se for personal use and a works Samsung j3. Don’t get any of the drop outs on Apple that people of noted. Some of the apps are hit and miss such as bbc radio player (sometimes has a blank screen) and Deezer which despite me selecting a track in an album insists on always playing the first song. I like waze and tried this on android auto it doesn’t work well I get the map intermittently disappearing and have to disconnect the phone. Shame as I like waze stand alone as apple maps is poor at selecting routes based on traffic. Waze seems a lot better at traffic but doesn’t work on Apple car play.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Can you "OK Google" voice commands such as "what was the football score today" when your phone is linked to your car ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise