Shedden may of got the TD Honda seat & other BTCC snippets

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
According to Autosport, looks like 2003-04 SEAT Cupra Championship driver Gordon Shedden has landed himself the 2nd seat at Team Dynamics, after a successful test in Spain earlier this week.

TD also have said they may be running a 3rd car, likely to be Howell's

Colin Turkington appears to be one of the drivers being lined up for a seat in the RAC/WSR MGs. Also interested and supposed to be looking at options is Anthony Reid, but Dan Eaves has also been linked to WSR as was ex SEAT driver James Pickford.

Nick Adcock (clio racer) was spotted testing a Lexus IS200 of the Xero Competition team at Donington last week too. With at least one of the Friends Reunited Lexus possibly to re-appear, but rumours circulating that HPI maybe sponsoring someone else.

BTCC is filling up nicely

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
all good news, do you know if there are any changes to supporting races this year, i heard rumours of the Ford hatch series was tagging on to the BTCC

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not heard much about that, to be honest.

Formula Renault UK
Renault Clio Cup
Seat Cupra Championship
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Formula BMW

seems to be the toca package at the moment, but i'll do some digging

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
Ford hatch series?? Not heard of that one, well, not one that has reaches the level expected to join the BTCC supports!

Support series pretty much as last year, i think there may be one variation but if i cant remember what it was, it may be due to it being something with minimal interest!

No if it was the GT's........

I know, unlikley!

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
I think its pretty much the same except for a few rounds someplace!, will have look around. back soon

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Found it. :)

Apparently the Renaults won't be at Knockhill, whether that includes the Clios, im not sure, but they are replacing the Formula Renualts with Formula Fords for that meeting.

And they are including T-Cars to the Snetterton line-up. http://www.tcars.net/

Snetterton doesn't have curfew restrictions so they can fit the T-cars in aswell as all the other racing.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It's looking strong and so are most of the supports. The F.Renaults and Clios will be at Knockhill in June as a seperate event.

The Shedden thing came a bit out of the blue, he's had no cash for years and suddenly he has some. Feel sorry for Gareth Howell after yet more shoddy treatment from Steve Neal. You'd think he'd see sense and try elsewhere now.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I'm chuffed for Shedden, he did well in the Cupra Championship in 2003 but Huffy was too good for everyone else.

The Knockhill round should be interesting this year, provided it doesn't rain....

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
ZBOYD said:
Formula Renault UK
Renault Clio Cup
Seat Cupra Championship
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Formula BMW

seems to be the toca package at the moment, but i'll do some digging
That's certainly the lineup for Oulton, Brands & Snetterton as MSV have provisional timetables on their site. With the addition of T-cars at Snetterton, and the Heritage Grand Touring Car Championship at Snetterton and the second Brands meeting.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Agreed, but Collard did ok last year, and Turkington in 2004. I suppose if they keep them going a bit longer, they can go straight into the Heritage race with the same car....:D

why is none of this info available on the official tocatour site.
I keep looking for new season stuff, everytime i click on 2006 it reverts to 2005 season :doh: i know what happened last year, i was there :lol:
is there a non-official but up-to-date site for info :confused: