Should I change or not?

• Thread starter Deleted member 124550
  • Start date

Deleted member 124550

Hi All,

I currently drive a 67 plate Ibiza FR 115 with front and rear parking sensors, a reversing camera and upgraded wheels as optional extras. I'm 2.5 years through a 4 year PCP deal.

The 0% PCP offer on the Arona means I can change to an Arona FR 150 Evo for not much more money. I'm confident I've got the best deal possible having got quotes from a number of dealers. I like my Ibiza but the higher performance engine and raised driving position really appeals to me. Unfortunately, I've only been able to test drive a 115 Arona and the 150 in a Leon but not the actual car I want. My dealer insists that to give me the deal I want it has to be a car that they already have on order (but not at the dealership yet) so a factory order isn't an option.

I find that the reviews for the Arona FR 150 are quite mixed with Honest John saying that the gearbox and engine just aren't made for each other and don't work well together.

So, I either stick with my Ibiza for another 12 months or have a new Arona at 0% with the bigger engine but without the all round sensors, reversing camera etc.

Apologies for the long winded post but any advice from Arona FR 150 owners would be appreciated...

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
If you're satisfied with your Ibiza and it still suits your needs then the most logical, (and cheaper) option
is to just keep it.

Also consider that although ever-more fashionable, small SUV's are rarely as good an all-round package
as the hatchback they are based on, assuming the same engine/box combo. Your Ibiza will be better in
the handling and fuel consumption stakes and likely be cheaper to insure. Not large differences, granted,
but they are there none-the-less if important to you.