Should SAI breather come from main intake or have seperate filter?

greg

Aug 31, 2005
I have a BMC (i think) induction kit on my cupra with a cold air feed from the front wing. The back of the filter goes through a 45 degree bend to the MAF. Plugged into this 45 degree bend is the breather pipe for the SAI system. I have noticed on some pictures that other people have the 45 degree bend closed and the SAI breather pipe fitted with its own small filter instead. Is there any benefit to doing this as opposed to the setup i currently have?

Cheers,
Greg

greg

Aug 31, 2005
On second thoughts....... is this pipe there to blow the warm air from the SAI into the intake to help warm up the cat? In this case, people who have disconnected the pipe and put a breather filter on there have effectively dissabled their SAI system, instead they are just blowing warm air into the engine bay during cold starts. Definitely cant see the benefit of fitting a breather filter to the pipe if this is the case!

greg

Aug 31, 2005
On second thoughts....... is this pipe there to blow the warm air from the SAI into the intake to help warm up the cat? In this case, people who have disconnected the pipe and put a breather filter on there have effectively dissabled their SAI system, instead they are just blowing warm air into the engine bay during cold starts. Definitely cant see the benefit of fitting a breather filter to the pipe if this is the case!

Anyone know if this is the case? :shrug:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.