Show me your Boot Install

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Hi guys/girls...

Just fitted in the sub and amp from my old car (which had gone well over a year ago :D) and ive literally just "dropped" it in there, kind of a mess atm.

Need some inspiration realli, so if you could, post up a picture!

also there are lots of rattles when the volume is turned up now, anyone know where to start to make it better?!

Cheers

Hon

Jun 24, 2007
durham
not the best but it was cheap to make
Picture035.jpg

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
not my best Sounding install....
newestbootinstall.jpg

but was my 2nd best!
i only changed the amps to these... then sounded amazing!
Image021.jpg

My Jl audio vr 165mm comps that cost £220!
Image031.jpg

a few more of mine...
mynewboot.jpg

kenwoodcloseup.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

This one actuly sounded quite good.. i heard it from along way away to!
BOOT1.jpg

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
DSC00293.jpg

:D It's not meant to look much. Just small and compact so i still have a fair bit of boot space but still have plenty of punch to go with it. :)

Poverty

His JL install is absolutely awesome mate. Dont know how loud it goes but the sound quality is amazing.

The guy loves his audio ;)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Is there anywhere you can buy direct a sub box that would fit to one side of the boot? I wouldn't mind an install but it's essential I have as much space as possible in my small boot.

Andybon

BOOYAH!!!
Nov 1, 2007
St Helens
All i have is a double 12" sub box, with 2 JBL 12" subs and an amp, all the wires are tucked behind the box, and so is the amp, looks tidyish for just beign thrown in!

Poverty

For space saving ibiza 130 tdi's setup as above is probably best with his shallow sub and box. Then just screw the amps to the back of the seats and bobs your uncle.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
wow! some very nice installs you have there guys! im still deciding whether or not to get front n rear components! to be fair i didnt want an install to start with, however now that i got some i want it all! lol

heres my old install, i liked it as it saved space n i still had a boot!

IMGP1957.jpg

anyone took out the spare wheel and put thier sub down there?!

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Oh yeah and also whats the back of the seats made of?! i tried to screw some of those funny distribution blocks onto it but seemed like i was screwing into metal or something?!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
few pics of mine lol finished this weekend!!

False floor
DSC00146.jpg

Fused Distribution
DSC00145.jpg

2nd Battery
DSC00144-1.jpg

Subs and sub amp
DSC00143.jpg

Voltage display
DSC00142.jpg

HU
DSC00140.jpg

Tweeters
DSC00139.jpg

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Is there anywhere you can buy direct a sub box that would fit to one side of the boot? I wouldn't mind an install but it's essential I have as much space as possible in my small boot.

My sub is only super thin. That's what I wanted with mine. It's made to be a super thin sub. If I'd have bought the right box I could've fitted it down the side. My amp is hidden behind my sub box.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.