Airbrushing for the win!

IMAG0009.jpg
[/IMG]

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
pimp my ride??? lol

just never seen out like that before thats why i decided to do it :)

close up

IMAG0574.jpg
[/IMG]

did you do it yourself chris? if you did then i take my hat off to you! its not something i`d have done on my car but its diferent and makes a change from the norm & your skills as an airbrusher are brilliant! if it wasnt you then top marks to the guy that did do it.;)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
did you do it yourself chris? if you did then i take my hat off to you! its not something i`d have done on my car but its diferent and makes a change from the norm & your skills as an airbrusher are brilliant! if it wasnt you then top marks to the guy that did do it.;)

you wouldn't phil ?

i would :D

chrisgtiibiza

Feb 28, 2010
nr hull
www.cjsrefinishing.co.uk

i do paint cars for a living, but no i didn't do it my self but someone i work with did it for me :D

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
you wouldn't phil ?

i would :D

i would`nt have the checker plate airbrushed on to my car but i would certainly think about the seat sport logo in the same sort of design i.e looks like the paint being peeled back and revealing whats underneath! either way the guy that did it is talented!! got me thinking now and the more i look at it the more im changing my mind!

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Thanks man :D I agree, since those fit way better, but the facelift headlights and indicators would also need to be swapped over, I'm not sure if facelift indicators and grill would fit properly int he pre-facelift fenders and bumper. Since my car has had an accident before(or something), the front bumper isn't on straight and the grill on the right side is jammed between the indicator and the bumper(I already have to remove the indicator to refit the grille because of the lack of space between them). I think if I'd put a facelift grille on it(those are slightly thicker/less rounded afaik to make them fit better), it probably wouldn't fit anymore.

And oh yeah, you bet she survived, I remember she started right up as if nothing happened! :D

Also, anyone, thoughts on a bonnetbra? My hood is all stonechipped and it looks crap :/ But I don't know if a bonnetbra would look good... :/

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Hmm, yeah I guess. Problem is still that the front end on mine is bent, so fitting the slightly differently shaped grille would probably be a ton of hassle. But yeah, there is a slight difference. On one version of the headlights, the side that touches the grille is at a slightly different angle(seen from the front that is). Same with the side that touches the indicators. Also, the indicators on the facelift ones fit flush with the fenders, the pre-facelift ones have a big gap between them :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.