Show us your Exhausts!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Miltek loses its ovalness and still has the twin pipes, standard box looks better than the miltek IMO.

No doubt its a quality piece of kit, i just think they stopped short when they were designing the actual tail pipe! It looks gloomy/sad face :shrug: or maybe its just me :banned:

Pic below shows miltek compared to standard!

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9282/tailpipecompare0wf.jpg

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Mitchy said:
Miltek loses its ovalness and still has twin pipes, standard box looks better than the miltek IMO.

No doubt its a quality piece of kit, i just think they stopped short when they were designing the actual tail pipe! It looks gloomy/sad face :shrug: or maybe its just me :banned:

To be honest unless they are side by side its hard to notice a massive difference. Do agree that they could have tried harder though, particularly for over £1100.

I wanted something as stealthy as possible that didn't shout out too loud. My missus and I once fell out about a de-catted Blue Flame exhaust I had on a Golf as it droned. Had to get the quietest performance exhaust that I could find for a quiet life. :doh:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I thought that mitchy, which is why i didnt get one in the first place (looks like a clowns face) but in person, and from 'normal viewing' it looks fine IMHO

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
Mitchy said:
Miltek loses its ovalness and still has the twin pipes, standard box looks better than the miltek IMO.

Pic below shows miltek compared to standard!

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9282/tailpipecompare0wf.jpg

That pic doesn't do the miltek justice its a lot bigger than the std tailpipe.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I've got a different tailpipe on mine to the earlier ones. ZBOYD's is much bigger and has a flatter tailpipe to mine (almost isn't an oval shape).

I'm not sure if there is a choice now, or whether all the new Millteks are like mine as they used to be quite a bit bigger.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Si said:
Yeah i'll just go do that tomorrow! :rolleyes:

You did say you were planning a purchase in the coming months, not days? If your that bothered about the noise i thought you may want to hear them in person before spending your money.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
coxw said:
I've got a different tailpipe on mine to the earlier ones. ZBOYD's is much bigger and has a flatter tailpipe to mine (almost isn't an oval shape).

I'm not sure if there is a choice now, or whether all the new Millteks are like mine as they used to be quite a bit bigger.

Have you got the miltek sticker on the tailpipe? I've noticed the newer ones do.

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
If your after noise, get yourself down to powerflow. I went there for my vectra's twin exit zorst and saw a chunkychinto (chinquichento or however its spelt) there. It made all the tools fall off the wall it was that loud.

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
anyone around the east anglia area-ish should check out a guy I was recommend to go to, place called Stax Enginering he makes custom exhausts for anything and the quality is out of this world, i had a manifold back de-cat system put on my old focus and was the most amazing noise from a zetec in most peoples opinions. He uses very high grade S/S and made the de-CAT removable so when it come to MOT you pop under the car undo 5 bolts put the CAT back in.

Best bit about the exhaust was I asked him not to make it too loud and droney as i personally hate too loud so he tuned the silencers to make it quiet at cruising speeds and lovely burble at idle, and if you put your foot down you'd be left with a smile on your face so big your dentist would be proud.

Can't recommend this guy enough really, never had a single problem with any part of it and price was very good considering what he had to do (twin centre exit on a focus) £450 all in, leave it with him over night and each pipe will be bent and silencers rolled to yours specification.

Stax
TEL: 01754 820077

P.S he is very familar with making turbo exhuast systems having done so on his Scooby.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.