Show us your water beading...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Try to keep off topic chat down to a minimum...

I'll start off

IMG_20180822_060709-1305x2320.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Bit of morning frozen action thanks to Natty Blue paste:
iry1q8U.png

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I need a lesson from you both @Jimbobcook and @Legojon on how to achieve beading like that. My beads are the size of 10p’s but with large gaps between whereas yours are all compact.

Both cars look awesome and I’m looking forward to seeing them in the flesh. Hope the bearings still on them then.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I need a lesson from you both @Jimbobcook and @Legojon on how to achieve beading like that. My beads are the size of 10p’s but with large gaps between whereas yours are all compact.

Both cars look awesome and I’m looking forward to seeing them in the flesh. Hope the bearings still on them then.
It's all down to how much spare time you've got to give... Mine takes about 6 - 8 hours to clean the outside for a full wash.

I'll chase that Autobrite thing up today as he never got back to me. May find out i'm doing it wrong lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm still yet to achieve nice even circles like @Legojon and I'm not even sure what the prefect beading is lol

This is a serious conversation haha

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
That's some nice beading!

What products you using buddy?

Thanks.

Im using a mix of meguiars compound and polish, it was protected using Obsession Wax Phanton V2 Limited Edition. Ive also used a ceramic hybrid wax which gives good results.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I need some tips. Whats the best wax to use? :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Take your pic... my wax of choice at the moment is obsession wax phantom v2 Ltd edition.... I’d say a lot is down to how you pred the bodywork before waxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I need some tips. Whats the best wax to use? :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You'll probably find it's more the prep work you put in before the wax that makes everything punch...

I doubt there's a best wax lol it all comes down to budget I guess... I can only personally testify to the products I've used but there's too many to say if mine are actually any good lol

I understand that has not helped you in anyway haha

I originally used Meguires liquid wax with some pretty good results just about to trial liquid collenite 845 which seems to look great when you use the paste version.

You should look at the thread in the detailing thread for what do you use..

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Take your pic... my wax of choice at the moment is obsession wax phantom v2 Ltd edition.... I’d say a lot is down to how you pred the bodywork before waxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snap haha check you out with your snobby wax... Yes I know jealously gets you nowhere lol when will you be doing an SCN detailing training course...?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.