Show us your water beading...

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Its meguairs ultimate polish and the wax is simoniz original caranuba wax. I cant stick out more than 3 hours of car washing. I get bored and would rather go and drive the car lol
Yep that looks mildy chilly! that's not bad beading if you consider if it rained you may of lost a few blobs dew to getting too big and doing one off the side of the car...

What polish/wax did you use?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Its meguairs ultimate polish and the wax is simoniz original caranuba wax. I cant stick out more than 3 hours of car washing. I get bored and would rather go and drive the car lol

I see where you're coming from lol do you find a white car harder to keep clean than any previous colours?

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Honestly its a bloody nightmare. It looks great when its clean. But a 2 minute run to the shops and shes dirty again, especially this time of year. I get comments from the neighbours all the time about having no paint left lol
I see where you're coming from lol do you find a white car harder to keep clean than any previous colours?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Honestly its a bloody nightmare. It looks great when its clean. But a 2 minute run to the shops and shes dirty again, especially this time of year. I get comments from the neighbours all the time about having no paint left lol

I only mention it as my new Brother in law has a white BMW he wants cleaning, he mentioned furniture polish so I instantly decided I would clean it for him hoping he was joking...

Luckily I find my Blue hides the dirt very well, worst colour i've had to clean was black...

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Yeah I think black is worse than white. White hides it more from further away especially on a bright day.
I only mention it as my new Brother in law has a white BMW he wants cleaning, he mentioned furniture polish so I instantly decided I would clean it for him hoping he was joking...

Luckily I find my Blue hides the dirt very well, worst colour i've had to clean was black...

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Best colour is...... wait for it.....

DESIRE RED

b2e28846828e8d7ce653a88e22642f84.jpg

Even the Gloss Black Wing Mirrors got some beading
5ac47275c47faa8a86ead892a4b38c57.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
loving this beading guy. fancy doing something to my windscreen to increase visibility
I've heard good reviews on this stuff... Good for pretty much anything lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotive-Products/Auto-Finesse-Aqua-Hydrophobic-Rinse/B071XRMZF5 It may not be the cheapest price

There is also Rain X which works to a degree but doesn't last as long as above.

Then if you have some time you could try this out and let em know if it's any good haha supposedly 12 months protection for glass - https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/caramics/caramics-glass-protection-kit

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
I've heard good reviews on this stuff... Good for pretty much anything lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotive-Products/Auto-Finesse-Aqua-Hydrophobic-Rinse/B071XRMZF5 It may not be the cheapest price

There is also Rain X which works to a degree but doesn't last as long as above.

Then if you have some time you could try this out and let em know if it's any good haha supposedly 12 months protection for glass - https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/caramics/caramics-glass-protection-kit
ill take a look at the first one for sure. ive been eyeing up gtechniqs g1 or g5 but ive read too many stories of people spending up to an hour rubbing on their windscreens, just to have smears when they use the wipers in the rain

i definitely have time, but dont really fancy spending an hour applying stuff to my car! i dont even wash it myself tbh, i go to a hand carwash cause im lazy.
have you ever used rain X, if so how easy is it to apply?

-
i think the amazon product sounds easy enough to apply and i can try the full kit if that works out good for me! thanks man, and now the lazy man inside me is thinking of asking the car wash attendants to have a quick go over my car with this stuff!

i mostly really need it for my rear windscreen as my washer is now defunct

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
ill take a look at the first one for sure. ive been eyeing up gtechniqs g1 or g5 but ive read too many stories of people spending up to an hour rubbing on their windscreens, just to have smears when they use the wipers in the rain

i definitely have time, but dont really fancy spending an hour applying stuff to my car! i dont even wash it myself tbh, i go to a hand carwash cause im lazy.
have you ever used rain X, if so how easy is it to apply?

-
i think the amazon product sounds easy enough to apply and i can try the full kit if that works out good for me! thanks man, and now the lazy man inside me is thinking of asking the car wash attendants to have a quick go over my car with this stuff!

i mostly really need it for my rear windscreen as my washer is now defunct
Have a look at the first post of this thread - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-are-you-using.445746/

I think I can bring you round to the detailing world... Getting a side of the road cleaners to do your car will more than likely be making some nice swirls on your paint as they normally don't care about putting their mitts in one buckets for cleaning...

RainX is about as easy as it gets just like the amazon one above you spray on and wipe off... It makes water bead so it should just fall off... also with most products like this when you drive in the rain the water just goes straight off... I've had it at 70 in the rain when I didn't need my wipers on lol

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Have a look at the first post of this thread - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-are-you-using.445746/

I think I can bring you round to the detailing world... Getting a side of the road cleaners to do your car will more than likely be making some nice swirls on your paint as they normally don't care about putting their mitts in one buckets for cleaning...

RainX is about as easy as it gets just like the amazon one above you spray on and wipe off... It makes water bead so it should just fall off... also with most products like this when you drive in the rain the water just goes straight off... I've had it at 70 in the rain when I didn't need my wipers on lol

ive read through this thread a few times at work actually (incredible contributions from everyone really, had no idea how in-depth car care was). i was tempted for a while but then i remembered my cars from 2008 and im the fourth owner - not really confident in the condition of paint already if im honest. i definitely would see benefit to doing it when i own a more modern leon cupra or similar :p

not using wipers on the motorway sounds really cool, almost magical! i think ill go ahead and try that stuff soon - just need to get my car dirty now so i have an excuse for washing it

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Really impressed with the current obsession wax erm wax.... 4months, no top ups only maintenance washes. Still beading really nicely.

0a7f1927039b4805de3ecfd623b3640c.jpg

Looking forward to trying the anniversary edition when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not my best work... but spent 10mins this morning taking a pic of the sunroof. Neighbours must think I'm crazy!
dZJz0vE.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not my best work... but spent 10mins this morning taking a pic of the sunroof. Neighbours must think I'm crazy!
dZJz0vE.jpg
Erm... You are haha

I think i'm going to need some of that obsession wax lol

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Wasn't as good as when I was beating my wheel arch with a rubber mallet rotating between 3 swear words. Oh and looking up to say "morning".

I was just doing something similar after dropping a socket in one of the holes behind my stereo... lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members