Show us your water beading...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
it gets addictive lol. just cant get rid of swirl marks :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You have no idea! What is your full clean method? you can get things like Autofinesse Ultra glaze and Triple 3 which are fillers and polish which help with swirls. Do you use 2 buckets with grit guards? also how often do you change your mitt for washing and how good is your drying towel lol what you've done here is started down a route which you cannot come back from haha

Reactions: kanyewest

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
You have no idea! What is your full clean method? you can get things like Autofinesse Ultra glaze and Triple 3 which are fillers and polish which help with swirls. Do you use 2 buckets with grit guards? also how often do you change your mitt for washing and how good is your drying towel lol what you've done here is started down a route which you cannot come back from haha

Here we go again........Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Mmm think I need a new washmitt. Any recommendations? My current one is a Meguiars WoolMitt.

I’ll keep my current one for the lower rear end and wheels maybe.
I use the woolmitt aswell, it's great if you clean it well afterwards. I normally have one for the bonnet, roof and boot then another one for the sides as they tend to get the most dirt so go in fresh lol then I have one for the wheels...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If it was like Tourette’s and you got a tic whilst washing your car you would probably end up with dents and scratches all over the place, I’d say defo more like ocd.Lol

I have movie quote tourettes where I hear a trigger from a movie then I have to say the movie quote lol for example someone says I have some cookies here... I would say

tumblr_oif8t5OUam1rrkahjo5_400.gif

Reactions: Deano j1971

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
it gets addictive lol. just cant get rid of swirl marks :(

Swirls are really difficult to get rid of by hand... they can be pretty hard to get rid of even with a machine polish, i took 8 hrs to clean the outside of mine which included a 2 stage machine polish and it got rid of around 80% of the swirls... they are a pain.

As mentioned there are a number of things that can help minimise them, when washing use 2 buckets, and (at least) one wool mitt, dont wash in circles everything should be in a straight line, when drying use a good quality mirco fibre and not a chamois.

It really does become an obsession, but if you hate swirls then the only way you'll prevent it is by good washing etiquette.

Just been out and done a quick wash and wa top up on mine... quick means 2 hours lol!

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
I have movie quote tourettes where I hear a trigger from a movie then I have to say the movie quote lol for example someone says I have some cookies here... I would say

tumblr_oif8t5OUam1rrkahjo5_400.gif

Have you ever put a ceramic coat on a car before..... I’ve got my fingers crossed for @paddy6789. New car and all that

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Swirls are really difficult to get rid of by hand... they can be pretty hard to get rid of even with a machine polish, i took 8 hrs to clean the outside of mine which included a 2 stage machine polish and it got rid of around 80% of the swirls... they are a pain.

As mentioned there are a number of things that can help minimise them, when washing use 2 buckets, and (at least) one wool mitt, dont wash in circles everything should be in a straight line, when drying use a good quality mirco fibre and not a chamois.

It really does become an obsession, but if you hate swirls then the only way you'll prevent it is by good washing etiquette.

Just been out and done a quick wash and wa top up on mine... quick means 2 hours lol!
2 stage?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
2 stage?

It’s a compound machine polish and a polish machine polish... i tend to wax by hand.

Compounding it’s the only bit that really gets rid of swirls.. polishing removes some but also fills and wax protects and gives the shine and fills a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
2 stage?

Your now gonna get lost in a whole lot of explanations with these detailing guys... they have ocd....Lol... take them 2hrs to explain what microfibre cloth to use....Lol

Reactions: ChrisJKM

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mmm think I need a new washmitt. Any recommendations? My current one is a Meguiars WoolMitt.

I use the Gtechniq WM2... I fancied the Klin Korea... but the WM2 is machine washable:
51ajS7RrqIL._AC_US218_.jpg

Your now gonna get lost in a whole lot of explanations with these detailing guys... they have ocd....Lol... take them 2hrs to explain what microfibre cloth to use....Lol

I tend to use a Klin Korea large drying towel which is frickin awesome!! Highly recommend it. But depending on what I'm doing I have some of the Autoglym blue microfibres which absorb water really well. But the red Autoglym cloth seems to be much softer, so I tend to use that for a finishing cloth.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
It’s a compound machine polish and a polish machine polish... i tend to wax by hand.

Compounding it’s the only bit that really gets rid of swirls.. polishing removes some but also fills and wax protects and gives the shine and fills a bit...

what type of machine do you use then? not one of them crap 30 quid halfords ones?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
what type of machine do you use then? not one of them crap 30 quid halfords ones?

No... it’s an unbranded one, coat about £100... thinking of getting a new one next year as I use it quite a lot.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW

each microfibre cloth is finely tuned for its purpose like a shark tailing its prey

Reactions: Deano j1971