Show us your water beading...

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Get that VW filth off the screen haha

How do you find the autoglym stuff? I started with their stuff and branched out to auto finesse and autobrite which I feel are quite a bit better in terms of ease of use and final results.

Hahaha I know, I know :whistle:
I’ve never had any issues with it to be honest, and with careful application I’ve always had good results and longevity with it, the UHD wax is a great deal easier to apply than the original HD wax as it’s more of a paste consistency than a hard wax but still got a good 4 months out of it with a single layer! I’ve tried a few other brands but always come back to AG (really wasn’t a fan of Dodo Juice Supernatural) and I swear by AG Car Glass Polish, so much so that I use it on my home windows, shower screen etc

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hahaha I know, I know :whistle:
I’ve never had any issues with it to be honest, and with careful application I’ve always had good results and longevity with it, the UHD wax is a great deal easier to apply than the original HD wax as it’s more of a paste consistency than a hard wax but still got a good 4 months out of it with a single layer! I’ve tried a few other brands but always come back to AG (really wasn’t a fan of Dodo Juice Supernatural) and I swear by AG Car Glass Polish, so much so that I use it on my home windows, shower screen etc
Haha I also go through alot of glass cleaner as the house gets quite abit... Something nice about watching a storm through a skylight that has some awesome beading haha

I personally haven't tried the UHD AG stuff so that maybe a go once I've finished with the Colinite 845 wax. I have lots of everything as learning to detail seems to be taking over the modding side of the car lol a clean car is my thing as you'll probably find out very soon haha

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Haha I also go through alot of glass cleaner as the house gets quite abit... Something nice about watching a storm through a skylight that has some awesome beading haha

I personally haven't tried the UHD AG stuff so that maybe a go once I've finished with the Colinite 845 wax. I have lots of everything as learning to detail seems to be taking over the modding side of the car lol a clean car is my thing as you'll probably find out very soon haha

Haha nothing wrong with that! Although my girlfriend would disagree :roflmao:

It’s definitely worth a try - I actually prefer it to ceramic coatings, tried Gtechniq products on my 1 series and the Polo and got a couple of months out of it on both...always gone back to the tried and tested wax & RainX combo works every time :thumbup:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Haha nothing wrong with that! Although my girlfriend would disagree :roflmao:

It’s definitely worth a try - I actually prefer it to ceramic coatings, tried Gtechniq products on my 1 series and the Polo and got a couple of months out of it on both...always gone back to the tried and tested wax & RainX combo works every time :thumbup:
Haha same with the wife here lol but it's OK because she gets a clean car out of it...

Never really looked at Gtechniq, but I did look at the auto finesse caramics collection.. It's just finding a good location for applying it all without dust etc.

I found a new glass cleaner which I think works really well - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202442106887

I've used AG fast glass, auto finesse and autobrite crystal glass cleaner and I think this stuff is better lol

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Haha same with the wife here lol but it's OK because she gets a clean car out of it...

Never really looked at Gtechniq, but I did look at the auto finesse caramics collection.. It's just finding a good location for applying it all without dust etc.

I found a new glass cleaner which I think works really well - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202442106887

I've used AG fast glass, auto finesse and autobrite crystal glass cleaner and I think this stuff is better lol

Hahaha I’ve given up trying to do hers it’s a skip :banghead2

Yeah it’s a bit of a nightmare with the ceramics... not worth the hassle in my opinion!

I might have to give it a try thanks!

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I used to swear by AG products, the EGP was very good, like trying different things and will admit I’ve not used the UHD stuff... probably one to add to the collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I used to swear by AG products, the EGP was very good, like trying different things and will admit I’ve not used the UHD stuff... probably one to add to the collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely worth a shout Sharpy! Much easier to apply and goes further due to the softer/wetter compound.

Reactions: Sharpy

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Morning all,as you probably know I’m not really into the water beading and all that ocd cleaning lark, but looked outside this morning at this spotty water stuff was on my car so I took a picture of it for you guys to get excited about.... not a bad effort I think.
0b014d2dbcd8076d7ae8549dd5facdaf.jpg
10a662593e2f4356500a9b990825df9d.jpg

I did put a couple of dabs of collinite 845 on a few weeks ago and then washed her two days ago. I’m impressed. Roll on Blackpool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This is on a filthy car that got waxed about a month ago lol even got some window beading haha

IMG_20190116_085230-1305x2320.jpg

IMG_20190116_085243-2320x1305.jpg

Reactions: kanyewest
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members