Side Light Removal

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Anyone know how to remove the sidelights on the Leon. Replacing all my lights with the Phillips Blue Vision. Just could not see an easy way to remove and replace the side lights.

:cheers:

rayko

... deceptively slow
Oct 27, 2001
West Sussex, UK
Visit site
Easy!

They are held in place by a 'spring loaded' bit of metal... I have removed one and its piece of pi$$...

Push down on the lens in the middle slightly with your thumb and push your thumb towards the headlights or towards your front doors (depends on which side the spring is), the lens will then pop enough out for you to prise the rest of it out with your finger nails.

Just make sure you dont loose the side light lead in the panel lining :)

Ta

Ray

sikenny

Hi there,hopefully you can help me. I am trying to change my head light bulbs on my 52 leon. I have changed the main head lights, i am not changing the high beam bulbs but there is a small side light bulb in a plastic holder that is NOT held in by a spring like the other bulbs ! Any idea how these ones come out ? I have tryed but they just seem to twist around, i dont wanna keep twisting incase i damage the wires......Any ideas mate ?

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
sikenny said:
Hi there,hopefully you can help me. I am trying to change my head light bulbs on my 52 leon. I have changed the main head lights, i am not changing the high beam bulbs but there is a small side light bulb in a plastic holder that is NOT held in by a spring like the other bulbs ! Any idea how these ones come out ? I have tryed but they just seem to twist around, i dont wanna keep twisting incase i damage the wires......Any ideas mate ?

I changed my side lights for LED ones today....they were a bit stiff but they do just pull out.....no need to twist other than to loosen (if they have never been removed before)

Dont pull by the wires though!! get hold of the plastic bulb holder... :)

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
hi guys as you can see I've done a search. On my 2001 Toledo I've done all the above but still can not get the side light bulb holder out.
Can I just clarify I'm doing the right thing in that I'm trying to pull the black round bit out that has got flattened sides out of the white bit that looks like part of the headlamp moulding?
I can get the black bit to twist but not to pull out. Why I ask is that the black bit is not finger friendly to grip because it has 4 raised sharp bits making me think its not the right bit to get hold of.
What keeps the holder secure in the headlamp bit ?

Paul

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.