Side Lights

gerardmcc

Hi there guys and gals,

I have just bought my first Leon and im rather happy with my purchase :)

Had a problem though, yesterday after owning the car for a few hours i wanted to change the sidelights to ones witha blue tint on doing so i busted the left reflector, at the light so i gave up there :cry:

Is there as nack of getting the sidelights out as i have had two mechanic mates of mines have a look at it n they cant get the other one out, granted they dont wanna brake it but they couldnt get it out. Any help would be great.

Is it easier to take out the whole headlight, as when i tookj out the two screws i still couldnt get it to come out.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Gerard [B)]

no-fear

Candy FR has been born!!!
Jan 24, 2005
Macclesfield
Managed to get mine out recently with the help of a pair of pliers, be careful not to pull on the wires though. For the near side I had to remove the battery cover to get a little more room...... bit fidley

Enjoy the Leon and welcolm to SCN :)

Oh... and by the way, if they are the hellfrauds blue tint lamps, they don't look any different to standard, sorry [:@]

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
when i changed mine it looked like there were some parts o pus together but these had snapped off, so i wiggled it and pulled slightly (lol) and it came free.

gerardmcc

Its emm illegal ones i have got :|, its a single bulb with 5 L.E.D's in it, well i think they are illegal but they are a bright blue, i snapped the reflector on one side, :O.

i have also bought the new headlights, they have Xenon gas in them, and look amazing, well i havent got mone but they look great on the saxo.

Just annoying me i cant get them out, i think i might take it to a seat garage, how embarassing :))

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
A colleague of mine has an R32 Golf and the sidelight has gone. The bulb is similarly unreachable and VW want over £50 to replace it! I think it's because they have to disassemble the front of the car. So I'd recommend the dealer as very last resort!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.