Side mirror when reversing

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
I have a 2018 Ibiza FR and I'm not sure whether the passenger side mirror can be set to dip down when reversing as other Seat models do.

I've tried using L and then selecting reverse and adjusting the mirror downward, but when I drive off it doesn't go back to normal position.

Should it work?

Thanks all

diver86

May 3, 2018
you can activate i think with vcds or obd11

Στάλθηκε από το FRD-L09 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Ive selected them on through barista but it doesn't seem to do anything, be interested to know how to get them to work

norton

Mar 5, 2016
wow i cant believe this discussion. how lazy are you drivers if you cant reverse unless the mirror dips on its own you dont deserve a license sorry to be blunt but how did you guys reverse 10 years ago when mirrors was manual

Breinholm

Dec 27, 2017
I might be feeding the troll, but what does it have to do with being lazy? No one said they couldn't live without it. It's a neat function for parallel parking when reversing to the curb. That's it..

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I agree saves alloys esp on Britain’s variable kerbs esp where I stay as some are ancient and variable height.

Also 10 years ago I had this functionality on my Golf so its not new for the VAG group cars.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I.ve selected it on Carista and now there is an option on the car menu however it doesn't seem to do anything so guess its not something the car can do :(

Breinholm

Dec 27, 2017
In my Leon you have to turn on the ignition (don't start the car), put the car in reverse and put the knob for the side mirror adjustment to L (R in my case, as I'm not from UK). Then adjust the mirror to where you want it, deselect reverse and turn ignition off.

When you then start the car and engage reverse, it now lowers the mirror to the saved position. I believe that you have to leave the knob at L.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
In my Leon you have to turn on the ignition (don't start the car), put the car in reverse and put the knob for the side mirror adjustment to L (R in my case, as I'm not from UK). Then adjust the mirror to where you want it, deselect reverse and turn ignition off.

When you then start the car and engage reverse, it now lowers the mirror to the saved position. I believe that you have to leave the knob at L.
Ok thats interesting will give that a go tomorrow thanks :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Carista mods don't always save first time.

I'd try several goes, and then email them for information, or to request adding the feature if it's not yet active (they may need your debug data if that is the case)

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
I used Carista and activated the mirror option, which then was visible in the settings menu. However when I then ticked the box and made it active it didn’t make any difference when I went through the process above ie mirror on L, select reverse etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members