Side Skirt Help!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
PtqceTf.jpg

This is a photo from Maxton Design, for their side skirt product, which you can see is added to the bottom of the side BLADE which is an option on the Cupra 300...

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/side-skirts-diffusers-v1-seat-leon-mk3.5-cupra

I however have the side SKIRT option which I fitted to my Cupra last year. As i have a gloss black reiger diffuser and splitter, I have been looking for a gloss black skirt extension to fit under my side skirts to finish it off nicely, or at least see how it looks. So I asked the question to maxton, to see if they knew if their skirt would fit under the seat side skirt aswell as the side blade they have pictured. here is my car...

VbxDYVP.jpg

8jDuQeR.jpg

weF4o5e.jpg

This was their response

Thank you for the interest in our products.

However; this is a question that has never come to our attention so we are unsure of the fitment to your vehicle.

Our products are 3D printed to the original fixing points of the standard Cupra side skirts, we would recommend posting the question to a Seat Forum to ensure your skirts follow the same fixing points as the original skirts.

We apologise to not have a more concrete answer for you at this time.

So I pass the question on to you guys - don't fail me now!!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
You will be able to get them to fit by mounting to the underside of your sideskirt, where there is a will there is a way

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
You don't have the oem sideskirt fitted too. I believe the OP wants to mount the new skirt to the bottom of the existing OEM sideskirt.

you're exactly right.

I do think that if i bought them and put some work in, I could get them to fit somehow, but I do also want them to fit well and look right, not just a bodge job. I would also then come into problems with jacking points once i get the new sill underneath the OEM skirt but I can live with that

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Don't know if Maxton has ever been done, but @paddy6789 has seen TRC ones from a caddy made to fit with Side skirts.

The side skirts sit lower than the normal sill though, so just bare in mind, this maxton/trc side splitter will sit lower still than on those photos and cover up your mounting points.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Personal opinion, with the OE Skirts the car looks awesome as is and I don't think the benefit would be there from adding another skirt. Might be too much
Being an owner of the OEM skirts I also agree. I don't think they need anything else. They are already low and look great.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
To tie it in with the black theme could get something like a black pinstripe added to the OE Skirt? just a thought

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On my 280 I wanted to get my TRC splitter painted body colour, but never got around to it. It was either to be fully colour code or like this:

upload_2020-1-16_13-39-40.png

However this is what I had done in the shorter term with vinyl wrap....

upload_2020-1-16_13-35-18.png

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for the opinions lads, I have gone through all those motions in my head as well. However, if I knew they would fit, for the sake of £130 I would whack them on to see what the look is like. There are plenty of cars out there with extra sills added to skirts, as they're are a different colour they can be quite tasteful still. If they didn't look right they'd be straight back on the net for sale.

I may just be at the stage where I want to do more to my car and I'm scraping the barrel for ideas to make it stand out further without ruining the look!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for the opinions lads, I have gone through all those motions in my head as well. However, if I knew they would fit, for the sake of £130 I would whack them on to see what the look is like. There are plenty of cars out there with extra sills added to skirts, as they're are a different colour they can be quite tasteful still. If they didn't look right they'd be straight back on the net for sale.

I may just be at the stage where I want to do more to my car and I'm scraping the barrel for ideas to make it stand out further without ruining the look!
You are at the leave it alone stage in my book

why not look at performance mods?
nice aftermarket intercooler / exhaust / uprated brakes / remap / intake, loads of money to be spent there if you wish

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Well I am a remapper, I have it running at 370bhp and as far as performance goes, that is plenty if you ask me in a FWD with my kids in the back :)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Oh hello?

do those gloss black inserts and grills slot in if the fog light is removed then? is this something people have done?

I like that...

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
So I ordered the bits straight away, and I've taken the copper slats out and have them painted in the mystery blue already and sat drying. will fit them next week weather permitting and will show the results...

g67oz4n.jpg

Reactions: Semtax
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.