Side Skirt Residue

Rokki21

Feb 1, 2018
Hi all, picked up my 1.5 Evo on Friday. Gave it a good clean and noticed on the sideskirts (not sure this is the right term) their is a lot of sticky residue and they aren’t fully painted. On one side I can see right through to some metal below. Looks like they haven’t been fully treated??????

The garage said they’ll take a look. Not sure what it is or if I’m just being paranoid. You can only see it when lying on the floor. Worried it will just get progressively worst if not addressed.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light so I’m prepared before I get there and I’m told it’s meant to be like that.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Hi all, picked up my 1.5 Evo on Friday. Gave it a good clean and noticed on the sideskirts (not sure this is the right term) their is a lot of sticky residue and they aren’t fully painted. On one side I can see right through to some metal below. Looks like they haven’t been fully treated????

The garage said they’ll take a look. Not sure what it is or if I’m just being paranoid. You can only see it when lying on the floor. Worried it will just get progressively worst if not addressed.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light so I’m prepared before I get there and I’m told it’s meant to be like that.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pictures would be great

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Weird, I also noticed the sticky residue. Will have a proper look underneath one evening this week.

Rokki21

Feb 1, 2018
I’ve removed the residue it’s the metal half way down the photo protruding that is bothering me. Up the car it’s full covered as you can see towards the right of the image. I assume it’s rough to protect against stone chipping.

The other side isn’t like this. Worried it may get worse but also think I’m worrying for nothing. Don’t want to look stupid going back to dealer you can see it unless you are lying on the floor

52B2C026-F8A5-45B9-AD92-B059EC777874.jpeg

Rokki21

Feb 1, 2018
I don’t actually get what issue is here? What am I looking at? Seems normal to me

I suppose that’s what I was looking for. Never had a brand new car before or this sort of stone chip protection.

My concern was the treatment is solid almost all the way to the wheel arch but doesn’t somehow seemed finished all the way to the end properly and the metal below is slightly protruding although painted.

Took it to the dealer and they did confirm it is slightly protruding but it’s nothing to worry about.

They have covered with ceramic coating as my main concern was future rusting.

Probably me just being paranoid as I said above.

The residue I mentioned a couple of posts up is a protective wax for the underside of the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.