Sidlow Gatwick - ceases trading

FrostsSeat

Yes that sounds right, If you have claimed without a problem then you are covered...
Fingers crossed you won't need it again though.

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Sorry to drag up an old thread.

As my Leon was coming up to its 20K service, I had cause to email Seat to ask for confirmation as to the Warranty.

I received an email from a Liz Graham saying ...

We were saddened by the sudden termination of this dealership and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. I can assure you that the warranty on your vehicle will not be affected as this is a manufacturer's warranty for 3 years from the date of registration or 60,000 miles, whichever is soonest. Should you require any warranty work on your vehicle, then any SEAT dealer will be able to carry this out.

... so, if any former Sidlow customers are in doubt, it appears that the third year of your warranty is safe.

Regards

Andy

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Kinghams at croydon are shite,unhelpful and expensive!! stick with westerham,pete88 is the one to pm on here as he works there and everyone speaks highly of them! :)

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
I know it's a free plug but don't forget Frosts at Haywards Heath

That's who I used for the 20K service.

It's a bit of a trek, but service was good, and they left me with the leftover oil and screenwash, which Sidlow didn't do at the 10K service.

Just a pain in the bum to get to before or after work, so I have to take time off.

We need a dealer west of the M23/A23.

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
For those who used to use Sidlow for servicing etc, have just found out (and called to check) that the Crawley Down Group (In Crawley Down surprisingly!) are now authorised for servicing so potentially closer than Haywards Heath (who I would never use again after an 'experience') or Croydon/Portsmouth...............will be using them for my first service in not too long so will report back onhow good they are.......

Last edited:

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
For those who used to use Sidlow for servicing etc, have just found out (and called to check) that the Crawley Down Group (In Crawley Down surprisingly!) are now authorised for servicing so potentially closer than Haywards Heath (who I would never use again after an 'experience') or Croydon/Portsmouth...............will be using them for my first service in not too long so will report back onhow good they are.......

Oh dear god, never, ever use Crawley Down!

I had a Renault Megane II before my Leon. Bought it from Renault UK in Croydon but took it to Crawley Down when it developed the first of many problems (google for the Parker's Guide Forum thread on Megane IIs to find out how many there are :( ).

It had a (common) fault with the VVT system but despite several visits to their service department, CDG swore there was nothing wrong with it. I even gave them the Renault fault reference, as it had been published on Parker's by then.

Eventually I sacrificed a morning's holiday and took it back up to Croydon. They fixed it no problem and new what the problem was before they'd even driven it.

CDG also screwed me for labour for straightening a bent heatshield that was rubbing on the exhaust. That was also a known fault - they bend when you go through puddles as they weren't designed for right-hand-drive.

Let the monkeys at CDG touch my car? NEVER.

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
Oh well, hopefully they've improved since your experience......

I went in there this morning as I have a warranty claim with SEAT - very friendly and honest saying they were all very new to the process and the brand (they only started on Monday this week).......in fact they were about 10 times better in the first 5 mins than Frosts were over 4 months......:)

gti_jones

VAG Technician
Jan 5, 2012
Sussex
Oh dear god, never, ever use Crawley Down!

I had a Renault Megane II before my Leon. Bought it from Renault UK in Croydon but took it to Crawley Down when it developed the first of many problems (google for the Parker's Guide Forum thread on Megane IIs to find out how many there are :( ).

It had a (common) fault with the VVT system but despite several visits to their service department, CDG swore there was nothing wrong with it. I even gave them the Renault fault reference, as it had been published on Parker's by then.

Eventually I sacrificed a morning's holiday and took it back up to Croydon. They fixed it no problem and new what the problem was before they'd even driven it.

CDG also screwed me for labour for straightening a bent heatshield that was rubbing on the exhaust. That was also a known fault - they bend when you go through puddles as they weren't designed for right-hand-drive.

Let the monkeys at CDG touch my car? NEVER.

Looks like you hard a hard time mate, i work there you see. i can assure you that the Renault side of our workshop is split away from the Seat, Skoda and VW side. Different receptionists, different workshop controller, different techs! :p

Did you receive any goodwill gestures, did you complain?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.