Silver hook thing in glovebox

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
i think i know what he means, its like a ring, on some fabric like seatbelt fabric..altogether its about 4-5 inches long, i had one in my glove box when i had mine, and still not figured out what it is...dont know where it is now as my car is full of tools or id post a pic

That's the strap for the warning triangle holder - UK cars didn't come with a warning triangle, though.

Next you'll be wanting to know where the warning triangle holder is - I know but I've just spent 5 minutes trying to describe where and it still didn't make any sense.

10082006182.jpg

10082006183.jpg

Cupraloon

Picture of my glove box, hook in inside of lid presumably where Blondini has the wheel cap puller

Cd-player_situ_03-10-07_smll.jpg

Is This it... ???? The elusive wheel centre cap puller

Wheel-cap_hook_03-10-07_smll.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Blondini

Thats it the wheel centre cap puller, its clipped onto the spring clip in the glovebox lid. WooHoo thanks all

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
I've got a stack of CDs, maps, a Sat Nav, spare phone, 20p, notepad, something sticky and something green.

But no hook.

How's about a photo???

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Mine is in the boot with the jack, spare wheel, locker, wheel brace....

Mine too but looks nothing like that, more like plastic tweezers. That looks more like the ones your get with the VW caps on ebay?. :confused:

Cupraloon

What I have that looks like plastic tweezers, are the tool to remove fuses with.

Yup, shouldn't the plastic tweezers be on a peg in the fush box... :whistle:

Mine are..... :yes:

It's funny cos' when i got my lc, I couldn't find the centre cap puller, and was using a small screw driver the get the caps off..... :doh:

Then when the car was in for service they 've used it, and put it back in differently and i later found it, in the foam tool holder in the spare wheel....:redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.