Silver hook thing in glovebox

Buzz84

i'm now worried, i have never seen a silver hook in my car, i'm gonna have to have a good look when i finish work.

the warning triangle holder also holds umbrellas rather well :)

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Yup, shouldn't the plastic tweezers be on a peg in the fush box... :whistle:

Mine are..... :yes:

It's funny cos' when i got my lc, I couldn't find the centre cap puller, and was using a small screw driver the get the caps off..... :doh:

Then when the car was in for service they 've used it, and put it back in differently and i later found it, in the foam tool holder in the spare wheel....:redface:

Yeah I agree, they are hard little things to see when placed in the slot, if I had designed that 'insert' inside the spare wheel I would have designed it so it was sitting horizontally and easily seen!

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
the plastic tweezers are for removing the wheel nut caps the metal hook is for removing the centre cap of the wheel

Ok then, what do you remove fuses with?

Maybe the cars comes with multiple thingys in various colours for various purposes for various reasons.

Hands up, people with a Leon with wheel nut caps. :confused:

Cupraloon

nope, no wheel nut caps here fella.... even the locking nut doesn't have a cap cos' their covered by the wheel cap presumably...

Me thinks the little tweezers thingy's are away from home, without a valid day pass... :confused:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
maybe its only the LCR that comes with the bolt caps then

but you get a grey 'U' shaped piece of plastic (tweezer like)
to remove the plastic bolt caps you get on EVERY new car now
most garages tend to not put them back on after changing wheels/ tyres

and you get a set of white plastic tweezers for the fuses

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Not checked in the fuse box but my plastic tweezers are defo for the wheel caps, it clicks into place and extracts them. Looks too big for the fuses. Besides the caps I have don't have any holes in the centre so that hook would be no good.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
maybe its only the LCR that comes with the bolt caps then

but you get a grey 'U' shaped piece of plastic (tweezer like)
to remove the plastic bolt caps you get on EVERY new car now
most garages tend to not put them back on after changing wheels/ tyres

and you get a set of white plastic tweezers for the fuses

:no: My LC had bolt caps and white tweezers.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I like this thread.

I found my tweezers were missing as my fat ass fingers struggled to deal with the fuses - so I ordered some white tweezers identified on VAG parts as 'fuse tweezers' :D. They sit nicely in the fuse box in the white fuse tweezer holder (which is black). I like things in their place. I have my hub removal tool in the hub removal tool recess in the grey polystyrene wheel brace and tool kit holder in the boot. I have a large boot because I have a Toledo not a Leon. I happen to have fashioned various other wonderful shapes out of the plentiful area of grey polystyrene, including room for my first aid kit, my tyre gauge, spare oil, washer fluid, a torque wrench, a reflective waistcoat and a warning triangle. All these items are hidden under my boot carpet and my boot appears empty (except for my fire extinguisher and my luggage net) because I have a Toledo with a big boot.

Regarding the interior I have a life-hammer screwed into the lid of my armrest...and I think you all know what I have in my glove box - the little spring clip is very handy for my list to which I have added more names since reading this thread.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I regret to inform you that my previous post was imprecise. It also infers that previous posts were bunk. The hitherto item referred to as 'white tweezers' or 'fuse tweezers' are in fact more correctly known as a 'fuse removal tool'. They are in fact white, and do very much resemble a pair of tweezers but neither of these attributes feature in the correct description - and accuracy is important here.

I am glad to have cleared this up. I am going out now...and may be gone for some time...

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
i've lost the will to live. that's 10 minutes of my life i won't get back.

you all owe me. i'm gonna borrow GrayT's list....

or, i may just get another glass of wine *ahem*

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
10082006182.jpg

10082006183.jpg

AHHHHH Thats what it does....brilliant :lol::lol:

I use it too hold my squash raquet

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Thats what mine looks like ^^. Came like it when I bought the car! I cant believe you lot dont have warning triangles.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cupra R did not come with them. Or at least the later ones didn't. There is no strap like that in the boot.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.