Single wiper

Rosie02

Hay, done the single wiper mod from the lupo forum and works, just need to know where is a good place to get a arm? Also what the legalitys are.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It can fail on the following:

A wiper installed for the use of the driver does not operate over an area of the windscreen large enough to give the driver an adequate view of the road (through the windscreen) to the left and right sides of the vehicle. as well as to the front

Rosie02

It can fail on the following:

A wiper installed for the use of the driver does not operate over an area of the windscreen large enough to give the driver an adequate view of the road (through the windscreen) to the left and right sides of the vehicle. as well as to the front

Ok. So my wiper starrts below the driver window border and finnishes 20cm from tax disk. Would you say that is ok?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
8" blindspot is pretty massive....

It's in the eyes of either the MOT tester, or the VOSA / Police road side inspector.... which could issue a prohibition notice.

I'd probably be more worried of the strength in shear of a tack weld tbh

Rosie02

8" blindspot is pretty massive....

It's in the eyes of either the MOT tester, or the VOSA / Police road side inspector.... which could issue a prohibition notice.

I'd probably be more worried of the strength in shear of a tack weld tbh

Ah, ok well I'm lookling into modding it therver to do whole window flat to flat. Just need to work out how, also need a short straight wiper arm. And the weld well oit preob the strogest bit as got my mig out on it and did it all proper. Has anyone got any idea on achiving flat to flat? Thanks ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members