Skoda driver to become SEAT driver

David Homewood

Jun 22, 2019
Morning everyone, I have been driving Skoda Superbs for the last 10years and wanted something a bit smaller having recently retired. I looked it the Karoq but didn’t like the ride as it was a bit wallows round the bends and the price !! - after adding various options was way out of my budget. I then looked at the Ateca which handled really well and going for the Excellence Lux he ll the bells & whistles as standard.
I took the plunge and ordered one in Samoa Orange in March and am hoping to collect on 1st Sept.
I’ve joined the forum to gather information and peoples views - although I’m rather concerned with the number of problems that people are reporting! Hopefully I will b

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the SEAT family, What engine and spec did you order?

You'll have to get some pics up when you get it as the Samoa Orange looks awesome!

Cheers

David Homewood

Jun 22, 2019
Welcome to the SEAT family, What engine and spec did you order?

You'll have to get some pics up when you get it as the Samoa Orange looks awesome!

Cheers
I’ve ordered 1.5 tsi dsg Excellence Lux with Panoramic Roof & Spare wheel. Will post pictures when it arrives

Reactions: bigT's lcr

David Homewood

Jun 22, 2019
Heard from my dealer today that my car is built and on its way to the UK.
Rather a shame as the model year changes on week 28 so will miss out on the upgrades planned.☹️ The upside is that it will definitely be here for 1st Sept Delivery and it will be one of the very last Samoa Orange Atecas to be built

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Heard from my dealer today that my car is built and on its way to the UK.
Rather a shame as the model year changes on week 28 so will miss out on the upgrades planned.☹️ The upside is that it will definitely be here for 1st Sept Delivery and it will be one of the very last Samoa Orange Atecas to be built

You never know, it may come with one or two little upgrades anyway. I've owned two cars, (a Volkswagen and a Daihatsu) that were built just before a modest facelift was introduced - and both were mechanically mostly the newer version underneath anyway. The VW had latest exhaust
system and larger radiator, my Daihatsu had the latest cylinder head, a (4 litres smaller) fuel tank and improved rear suspension set-up with gas dampers.

Father also had a late 2004 Citroen Xsara LX hatch before the Leon - that was loaded with extras and 'wrong' kit it wasn't supposed to have, including tailgate spoiler, 'VTS' style alloys, front fogs and cruise.
Being one of the last ones built I guess the factory was trying to get rid of Xsara components that they couldn't fit into the 'all new' C4 replacement model.