Skoda Pull Out Of WRC As Works Team

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
DOH!

loosers... just when they could have got in on a "gap year" with some major manufacturers out in 2006.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Loosers indeed - this would have done them a power of good especially with McRae at the wheel. Shame

Rob

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
do you think its SKODA or have others got a hand in this?in light of SEATS problems???????

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Nah its skoda - all they are interested in is making gay-yellow family wagons, not sports cars

Seth

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Just as they were starting to get somewhere and the prospect of signing a quality driver, they do this :thumbd:

They'll be Red-bull backed cars next year but that just aint the same thing.....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
F2 Stu said:
They'll be Red-bull backed cars next year but that just aint the same thing.....
looks like most cars will be - they got 2 F1 teams now i hear ???

who says fizzy pop isnt profitable eh ?

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
I think what Redbull are doing for motorsport is quite commenable...even if it is largely for their own gains (ie lots of tv coverage, and the brand association). Its good to see a different outfit happy (and able) to provide the backing for teams who are competitive enough to be interesting. (thats mostly in reference to the redbull team in f1 last year).

Stu mentioned DC - was beginning to the "old DC" last year in F1...before he became a shadow/underperformer at McLaren...lets hope that (a) that continues and (b) they're able to convince someone like McRae back into rallying, and give them the resources to challenge for wins.

Sad that Skoda are pulling out as a works team, only hope they come back entering another form of motorsport soon. (ie like Seat did when they left rallying and then entered touring cars).