Sluggish

daveyb

Anyone else had turbo-lag problems with the 2.0 TDi FR?

Sometimes I put my foot down and the car is unresponsive.

Unsure if I should get it checked out. I'll see what it is like on my way home from work tonight.

I've managed to get it to the top speed (well a little under) [on a private road of course] so it is not slow by any means - just sometimes seems to not respond as I expect.

Then again other times in 2nd gear I've had it wheel spin when I've put my foot down and the ESP light comes on brielfly on the dash!

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Hi Daveyb, several people are having the same problem including me. Theres another thread around somewhere. Dont think its lag just not enough power (some of the time!). Havent taken mine in yet going to wait till 10,000 when it gets serviced.

safcnige

Ive encountered the problem youve said aswell as the rocking from the engine and mine also gets really noisy sometimes on light throttle and sounds like the van at work. I asked the dealer about the engine rocking and they said seat had the problem logged by other dealers but due to the cars high performance this was to be expected......yeah right.

karlospij

i get a missfire on mine esp. when the A/C is on, i dint know oil burners did that?

Steve`o

If yer can, check to see if the vac pipes are all connected. Have had small pipe to air filter adrift,might make a difference.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.