Smallest tire size with performance pack.

Yakketj

Jan 28, 2016
Belgium
What is the smallest rim size you can go if you have the performance pack ( the larger brakes).
This could make it easyer to find a fitting rim to put wnter tires on.

Thank you for reading this :).

Lionswake

Mar 8, 2016
From looking at press photos.

I'd say from factory 19" is the only size for the performance brakes.

Last edited:

Lionswake

Mar 8, 2016
You could probably aftermarket 18" but calliper clearance would be tight, & could possibly effect brakes cooling.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
It is a question of testing when fitting.
18"is possible but is totally depending of the manufacturer.
You always could mount wheelspacers to get the necessary clearance but I would suggest that only when the ET value is 50. Other thing that could work is go to ET45 that gives you 5 mm extra clearance which could be just enough for most 18" rims.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
There must be someone here that actually HAS the performance pack WITH winter tyres, so...waiting for an answer that's not a guess...
Beg your pardon, the above two models quoted (both 18x8 et45) are no guesses, one has 245/40 summer tyres mounted and the other has 225/40 winters. Can't repost their pics but they are towards the end of that german thread. The 225/40 or 235/40R18 winter tyres on those will most definitely fit. The moved wheel weights are unavoidable if you want 18" rims to fit over the huge PP calipers.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Test fitting of the above mentioned Ultralleggera, tyres due on tuesday.

i-wtCHZQ6-X3.jpg

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Roughly as I'm in Sweden, you should be able to procure them at £1700-2000 with Michelin PS4 (that's what I'm getting). OZ isn't cheap but well renowned for quality. These are 8,8kg.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
You don't like them?
They look very nice but I prioritise dynamics. This is my third set of OZ - of many more lighter/smaller wheel sets, on varying cars and I always have preferred how the cars drive with those. I have several sources that say the same for the Cupra (Pistonheads, Dale Lomas, Wales motoring something, and two forum owners), so....
Luckily most people prioritise looks so I hope to get a descent price for the top spec wheels.

Cupra290

STM400
Mar 8, 2016
United Kingdom
They look very nice but I prioritise dynamics. This is my third set of OZ - of many more lighter/smaller wheel sets, on varying cars and I always have preferred how the cars drive with those. I have several sources that say the same for the Cupra (Pistonheads, Dale Lomas, Wales motoring something, and two forum owners), so....
Luckily most people prioritise looks so I hope to get a descent price for the top spec wheels.

Tell me, Cupra or Brembo logo on the rear brakes?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise