Smoking Is Bad

SMILEY CULTURE

BEER MONKEY
Aug 15, 2005
BOURNEMOUTH
Last night whilst driving in to my home town one of my mates dropped a lit fag on the back seat of my cupra which burned a rather large hole.

Aaaaaaarh!!!

:ban:

Does anyone know how much a new mk4 cupra bench (larger one) costs and would it be cheaper to get the damaged one re-covered?

Triple D

Some mate, did you give him a slap? what about taking off the damaged cover and replacing it with a new one rather than forking out for an entirely new bench.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
lets hope its the smaller of the two sides (60/40 split)

why not give willoughbys a shout , they have a section on this site , will get u a good price , easy enough to fit DIY

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I would make the muppet who burned the hole pay for it! If he can afford to burn money in front of his face he can pay for the damage he has done and if he dosent you know he isnt really a mate.

stoneyfordNI said:
more to the point

u let someone smoke in ur car

I agree, nobody smokes in my car, nobody eats potentially messy food in my car, nobody opens fizzy drinks in my car (seen the effects of a creamflow can of beer before...), in fact if anyone gets to sit in my car then they can consider themselves lucky!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
No way mate hard luck but if they are any sort of mate they soon pay for the new cloth. Prob pretty expensive Id say with it being the cupra.

hope you get it back to normal soon

smoking :ban:

photek

There are companies that can fill burn holes, they match the material and bond fibres in to the hole.

I have seen a couple of examples and you can barely tell where the burn was.

Might be worth speaking to a local second hand car dealer for a contact. Will be much cheaper than retrim.

Mark.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
covers are not that bad to buy anyway

i went in syphon's once and he wouldnt even let me put me feet down :)

i'm with you greyknight even though i smoke myself - apart from usual hazards not fair to put kids in the back through my vices is it

SMILEY CULTURE

BEER MONKEY
Aug 15, 2005
BOURNEMOUTH
Thankfully the guy that did it is paying for it. Not so thankfully is the cost - I rang Seat yesterday and they quoted me just over £300 :cry:

I know it's partly my fault for letting him smoke, and to be honest when I first had the car I had a total ban on eating/drinking/smoking etc but I spend a massive amount of time in the car (12.5k in 2 months from new :blink: ) and it's hard to keep such a policy going.

I think I might just buy the cover and try doing it myself, or get one of the people mentioned above to do it.

Triple D

SMILEY CULTURE said:
Thankfully the guy that did it is paying for it. Not so thankfully is the cost - I rang Seat yesterday and they quoted me just over £300 :cry:
:censored: Thats well exspensive

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
SMILEY CULTURE said:

sounds expensive for a seat cover , u sure theyre not ordering a complete seat

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.