Smooth or not to smooth...

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
So what you guys think im in two minds. Should i get it done or not...
SMOOTH2.jpg

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
it looks good, but i'd say not....

if you were going all out then maybe, but its a bit random. Spend the money on somethin like putting it towards an FMIC or somethin "usefull"

thats just my opinion though, you may have a different mind set :)

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Thanks for that ppl ive always had "smooth" cars had a mk3 golf with smooth boot and audi door handles also a 206 with no door locks so not sure what to do.
£200 for the work.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
LEON_FR said:
yeah i think im gonna get it booked in like that a lot!
Mind me askin how much you paid?

all my respray and smoothing etc was done here at www.panelcare.co.uk, by jake from here @ paint cost only labour was free as i advertised his company for a year. so wouldnt know how much really, try giving him a call is he too far away?

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Definately do it...

LEON_FR said:
Thanks for that ppl ive always had "smooth" cars had a mk3 golf with smooth boot and audi door handles also a 206 with no door locks so not sure what to do.
£200 for the work.

£200? Blimey that sounds like a good price to me. If I could get it done for that cash I'd do mine too :D

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
yeah £200 well thats a "friends" price as i had many body kits smoothed doors and boots and 2 resprays done @ Bodyshop UK in Stoke.

IrnBru

I think the back of the FR looks just right as it is. Plus everyone who I've every shown the 'S' boot hatch to has thought it's pretty cool. I like it.

I also honestly think you'll devalue your car if you do it. I know that when I was looking for a used car I stayed well clear of anything with obvious exterior modifications.

It's all personal opinion though.

LeeroyBrown

Rite on!!!
May 7, 2005
Cornwall
i think it loks "ok" but i wouldnt have it done, Thats just my opinion tho, i would be thinking it would just crack out and bubble all the time..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members