Smoothed Airbox is Cool

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
For the past two weeks i have been smoothing my airbox out. This is definatley the most tedious thing i have ever done in my whole life, and it was only the top half!! i have yet to see the point in smoothing the bottom half.

It's really good fun though, you get covered in dust, your picking black bogeys out your nose all day and your hands get shredded to bits![:@]

So is it worth it? In my opinion Definatley the throttle response is much more instantanious, it pulls better top end of the revs and feels more torquey :blink:
i also blocked off the breather hose because i discovered it was nicking air out of the box! I bought a cheap little filter to go on the end which looks great!
I have not got a gc panel filter for it yet so should be even better when i get that.

Cheap little mod! free infact! great results! :D

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p208/265356/airbox002.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p208/265356/airbox001.jpg

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sure is a easy,cheap,effective mod, I done mine a few weeks back. Did you change the cold air feed into the box. most people do a 80mm cold airfeed, but myself and a couple of others have gone for 100mm ;)

David.

Liking the seat badge used to block of the hole... but im not sure if you need that pipe to be connected, It was coverd in a thread not so long back think.

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
i'm so glad to have rid of that stupid induction kit i had on it. I'd rather here engine noise than i pipe sucking! and when you've got a standard Dv it sounds rediculus on gear changes!! :)

where dose the cold air feed go? i imagine by the intercooler. Is it easy to do?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Ah Jordan, i heard you had come over to the petrol side of things! Hows the new car then fella, top job on the airbox too mate :)

gazjones

first mod! tnough you wern't doing anything to it lol looks good like the seat badge covering the hole up from the air box

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Ah Jordan, i heard you had come over to the petrol side of things! Hows the new car then fella, top job on the airbox too mate :)

Brilliant! was a bit dissapointed in the last two weeks the inuction kit made it so slow. But it's had a new lease of life today! proper quick! Will probably see you at some meets this year:)

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
first mod! tnough you wern't doing anything to it lol looks good like the seat badge covering the hole up from the air box

I think g/c panel filter, Revo and miltek twin jet cat back, maybe the full system and thats it!!!
Maybe a fmic.......... and a bigger turbo thats it.

...........and stage 3 revo!!!!

gazjones

ow dont get me started on bigger turbos seen one today and trying to convince myself!

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Jordan....look forward to it mate, will be good to see ya again mate....so much for standard..:lol: SUCKER...

Triple D

Is this the pic stu? from fairmile meet last year iirc :whistle:
untitled.jpg