snow chains or snow socks ??

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have a set. Just used them on my flat road atm. Bugger to fit tho. Not so much the driving into them more the lack of space to reach behind the wheel to put them on. I'm on stock suspension aswell.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Cheers for replies. :)

Because the car was parked before the snow fell, I have an LCR-length of 'fresh' gravel, which means I can move back 'n' forth to fit the Socks.

Not 100% convinced by the YouTube vid, though, as the majority of the footage features a Scoobie and the 4WD version (4-Matic) of the E-class estate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9L785XvnQ

But, apparently the Swedish Ambulance Service uses Snow Socks, so if they're good enough for them, I'll take a punt.

Of course, I also have the conundrum of not being able to get up the iced-over lane so I can go and buy some Socks, nor will the postie or couriers risk driving down the 'rink' to deliver. Umm... :blink:

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Lad at work with a 1 series swears by these! Lives out in the middle of knowhere in the hills and they can get him out easy peasy and beakers are sh*t in the snow at the best of times haha

I got a peloquin diff fitted few weeks ago which has made my cupra a beast in the snow and on the ice! Bit more expensive though lol

Last edited:

Rauer

do u have to take them off the minute you see tarmac or do u have time to find a suitable place to pull over

Dec 19, 2006
Also check your insurance, I know it's rediculous but heard on the radio that an AA spokesman said they are good but some insurers class them as a modification therefore leaving you possibly without insurance and to check first before buying them.

t32er

i see aX5 with a full set of 4 on earlyer, driving on a plane bit of tarmac, also the britshgas fleet have them (spoke to a driver sat morning after smashing 1 of my rims to bitts) said there best bit of kit he had in the van lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise