Snow foaming

DStrawhorn

Mar 26, 2012
East Ayrshire, Scotland
My 6L under a layer of Magifoam using AB HD lance and C110 :)
Another +1 on mark! I originally bought the wrong fitment of lance, a quick email to mark and he had me sorted out. I though I would have to pay a fee but nope, he kindly suggested I send it back and he'll supply the correct one! Great guy
10637112456_3a6e22bab1_b.jpg

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I use Valet Pro snow foam and a Gilmour foam gun. Still messing with the ratio's but finding I need to fill the bottle about 50% with the foam to get any where near the results of some of you guys though that might be due to the lack of pressure washer.

I find the foam doesn't cling to the paint too well, and takes a max 5 minutes to dwell...

Dougster

Oct 9, 2013
Clydebank, Glasgow
I had all the kit (I've been a hobby detailer for years) but sold it all as I find it's a bit of a gimmick.

For a quick wash I use a citrus degreaser (that doesn't strip LSP) in a manually pressurised garden spray bottle.

Feb 26, 2013
I use Valet Pro snow foam and a Gilmour foam gun. Still messing with the ratio's but finding I need to fill the bottle about 50% with the foam to get any where near the results of some of you guys though that might be due to the lack of pressure washer.

I find the foam doesn't cling to the paint too well, and takes a max 5 minutes to dwell...

Have you tried using warm water with the foam I also find a good shake before you use the foam helps

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Have you tried using warm water with the foam I also find a good shake before you use the foam helps

No I tend to use cold water. Will give it a try next time, though with the bad weather looking like its here for a while it might have to wait a while..

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Tried some Magifoam blue yesterday. Even though it still dwelled for like no more than 10 mins (as you can see by the time iv done the whole car I go round the other side to take a pic it's running) it worked really well. The dirt power washed off pretty much. Still mitt washed after.
dy8yzaty.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodson84

Im using the magifoam yellow at the minute, a little goes a long way!

Got some Candy fluff to try next!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Snow foamed mine for the first time yesterday.

Pressure washed it, snow foamed after that. 10 minutes later the roof, windscreen, and bonnet were still covered in foam so pressure washed it off, think I had it too thick as even 24hrs later there's still foam on the driveway!

Then washed with two buckets and cleaning glove thing. Rinsed again and dried off with towel just as it was starting to get dark, didn't have chance to clean the wheels but was pleased with the result.

Came down this morning bonnet covered in bird ****. A clear reminder as to why I washed my old car once or twice a year. [:@]

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
I use the magifoam from AB, let it work its self for a good 6-7 mins then wash off, if you use the high gloss shampoo after the snow foam as its really only a per wash your paint will gleam

Feb 26, 2013
No I tend to use cold water. Will give it a try next time, though with the bad weather looking like its here for a while it might have to wait a while..

Or just thinking when was the last time you cleaned your SF gun? They can get gunged up and that would affect the foam

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
Anybody use foam with a bottle at end of standard hose? Or is worth getting a pressure washer?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You can use with a bottle but just get a cheap pressure washer, think my Bosch one only cost 40 quid and its lasted years.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Anybody use foam with a bottle at end of standard hose? Or is worth getting a pressure washer?

I do Mike, see my pic a little further up. I use a Gilmour gun and standard hose.

Ongoing - The gun is relatively new and only used a number of times.

Bbqforce10

Mar 30, 2014
My car gets pretty filthy as I live in the sticks down some country lanes.
Got to say I don't find snow foam seems to do much, but I've only let it dwell for 5 mins or so, I'll try leaving it on longer.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Read the directions on your snow foam it should tell you how long to leave it. Bottom line is you won't see it do much, it's not designed to clean the car it's just there to soften and lift the surface debris.

It's a major step in helping to prevent swirling.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.