Snow foaming

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
also depends on which snow foam you are using? some are just a foam that pretty much do nothing, stuff like the AB magifoam etc does a great deal and lifts a huge amount of dirt

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Did a highly scientific experiment yesterday. Foamed, power washed then 2 bucketed one half of the car, and power washed then 2 bucketed the other half. As usual the foam didn't look to have done a great deal but it was soooo much easier to wash than the half I didn't foam. The dirt came off with a single pass of the mitt whereas it needed rubbing where I hadn't foamed, rubbing = swirls. Case closed.

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
like has been said before snow foam is only a PRE wash not a alternative for washing or a good cleaner. it does make washing the car with a mit SO much easier though. did you not jet wash the car first before snow foaming?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
like has been said before snow foam is only a PRE wash not a alternative for washing or a good cleaner. it does make washing the car with a mit SO much easier though. did you not jet wash the car first before snow foaming?

Yes that was my point, I was just doing a little experiment to prove it. No, I find the snow foam works better putting it on a dry car.

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
Yes that was my point, I was just doing a little experiment to prove it. No, I find the snow foam works better putting it on a dry car.

Ah i've always found that it works better jet washing before, gives it a little hand on the way to removing surface dirt. which snowfoam is it you use?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Use Autofinnese avalanche, doesn't cling for very long which is the reason I don't jet wash first, seems to stick a bit better on the dry. It does however seem to do the job, I'll probably try a different kind when its done though.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Use Autofinnese avalanche, doesn't cling for very long which is the reason I don't jet wash first, seems to stick a bit better on the dry. It does however seem to do the job, I'll probably try a different kind when its done though.

This is good to know as I just got Autofinesse Avalanche and the AutoBrite snow foam lance last week but haven't yet tried them. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend, I looking forward having ago with the foam lance as I've never used one before.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
This is good to know as I just got Autofinesse Avalanche and the AutoBrite snow foam lance last week but haven't yet tried them. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend, I looking forward having ago with the foam lance as I've never used one before.

Report back with how you get on! The lack of thick foam and cling could well be down to me!

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
i'm using the AB magifoam which does do a little cleaning instead of just making foam haha, not tried any of the autofinesse stuff yet though

Stix

Mar 6, 2014
Birmingham
Just seen these posts. Got myself a karcher k2 with foaming bottle. Am new to this so can you lot tell me would the magifoam be ok to use with this? Where's the cheapest to buy - I'm in brum.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.