So that is why they call them a FootWell !!!

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
Came to my Leon Cupra 2004 tonight, after the P!$$ Potical rain all day & found the Passenger Footwell had magically got water in it !!! :cry:

I could plainly see it running over the plastic Sill cover ... Bugger, i thought & both the front doors had previously been sealed by Seat, Got hope, Rigged up a Tarpaulin & popped the door cover off, I could see straight away hwere a bit of seal/sealant was missing :confused:, I always find that nobody else ever takes the time to do a quality job like you do yourself ..

Anyhow, Applied some new sealer & hopefully that will cure it until i can get to doing them all again, Properly :whistle:

Cheers.

Dean

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
in heavy rain yesterday the other half noticed her foot was getting wet! water was dripping from the dashboard - its a 2004 leon tdi

any ideas guessing its a leaking bung on the bulk head will investigate more later this evening

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
in heavy rain yesterday the other half noticed her foot was getting wet! water was dripping from the dashboard - its a 2004 leon tdi

any ideas guessing its a leaking bung on the bulk head will investigate more later this evening

Corrrect you may need to remove the lower dashboard / glovebox to see where it needs extra sealant - if the car is under warranty dealers are aware of this.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
no warranty as far as im aware is a 2004 anyone had to do this that can give me advice or some pics of what to look for

If you search for it, i'm sure there was a couple of threads talking about this and how to fix it - it will be in the Mk1 Leon section and it must be 12 months since it came up. Usually it's the drivers side though IIRC. At the very worst you'll need the glovebox and lower dash out - probably half an hours work ... if it's the passenger side, i'd also consider removing the pollen filter cover, housing and clean up the area around it of leaves ( drain hole) and also check the leading edge of the pollen filter has the plastic rain guard in place.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
ok guys have removed and refitted pollen filter and touch wood no water in since allthough weather have been good - gave the car a damn good soaking when i washed it

Last edited:

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

I've had so much trouble with my car since i got it in January and thought it had been resolved. Imagine my enjoyment at seeing the massive trickle running down from the passenger door as has been the case for the last 4 months after the rain yesterday!

Apparently there is nothing else they can do to find the source of the leak, thats what they said after the last time. It went back 5/6 times (lost count) and has had the following done:

- new seals round the door
- new seals inside the door
- drainage holes in the door cleared
- pollen filter checked (although that was only after i mentioned that i'd read that on here so i don't know if they really did or not)
- filled a hole where the wing mirror cables go through that had a sponge in it which had deteriarated
- took out the passenger seat and pulled up the carpet and apparently found 2 things which they have fixed

And after all that it rained yesterday and poured in exactly as it had done before, in the passenger foot well from near the front of the passenger door. I have pictures at home that i can upload to show the exact place if it helps.

Oh, this also only shows up when it rains. I've washed the car several times since i've had it, including saturday and not a dribble comes through. Only ever when it rains.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look now to try and sort please as the car is now out of warranty and in not so many words i've been told not to go back! :headhurt:

Last edited:

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
I'll try and get it uploaded tonight, just shows where the trickle is coming in but none of the fixes that have been done have made the slightest difference so i'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks guys. :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
There can be a hole on the seam gunk they used, you need the wipers off then the scuttle panel, so you can have a real good look/clean out too whilst your there.

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

Ok, just tried to post the pics but it says i can't until i've made 15 posts! They're uploaded to Imageshack and i was linking from there.

:confused:

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Aah sneaky, didn't know if i'd get :banned: for doing that.

Ok, well this is the leak. This is the best picture i have of it. Doesn't look like a lot unfortunately, think it had stopped a while and had started to dry up, but when its fresh it does literally flood the whole mat.

****://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6845/cimg3329.jpg

I forgot to say, there is a bit on the door next to the handle that i think is broken as it keeps hanging away from the door. This is about how far away it comes, not sure if someone has tried breaking in to it or something before i got it. What is it and can it be replaced (need to know what its called to eBay/Google it :D)?

****://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4273/cimg3445.jpg

(Just OT for a second, i've just been browsing your 'Readers Car' thread too, i love the lights inthe early pages. I know mines not a Cupra or anything but thats what i'd like to do. And those Angel Eyes look stunning. Is that like some of the BMW's have now, the halo around the main light? I love that but not sure i could pull off the mod. Back to business... :D)

Thanks for the other tips too, i'll see if i can get the bits off and have a look.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
As you though the pic can't help us really.
Try what we suggested.
Not sure on the cap tbh.
They are just HID bulbs in standard headlights.
Yeah be brighter/more whiter than BMW's though with the CCFL rings.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.