soaking footwell

Tagsy87

Aug 25, 2008
Central Scotland
my rear passengers footwell is soaking think i have a leaking door seal going to test tonight but was wonderign what the best way to get rid of the water is as there seems to be soo much of it its unreal it looks like someone emptied a bath tub in my footwell :(

jammycupra

Mine was the same, leaky front door seal..

I took the seats out the back and pulled up the carpet, dried the sound deadening foam out with towels best I could then left it propped up with a pencil to let the air get to it on a hot day..

Still havnt sorted the door seal out but before I drive off after its been raining I open the passenger door and wipe the bottom.. not had any water in since. Just need to get round to fixing the problem now!

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
I had this problem a couple of months ago,it was the front door seal that was the problem,got it changed and all is fine again,as for the water you have there,you need to lift the carpet in the rear footwell,then the sound deadening under that,if you can put the car on a slope it will help drain it all down to where you can mop it up,i used a vax to get rid of as much water as i could,its amazing just how much water there was!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.