SOLD - Crafoo's Mk2 LCR Speed Blue - Meet the successor!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Ok small update.

I did away with my old stock air filter at the weekend and replaced it with a K&N panel filter which I part ex'd for a few bottles of wine :) no real noticeable difference but it didn't stop me going for a quick blast just to see ;) 15.3MPG I think I averaged on my little test run out :redface:

Also with the kind help of Brinkz, took a bit of time to look at the exhaust and it most certainly isn't right, looks like the system has had a little bump which has knocked it out of alignment but I am working on getting this fixed as soon as I can.

Updates will follow :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Exhaust update.

Got round to looking at sorting the exhaust issue today with more than a little help from my main man Brinkz and decided to take a few pictures of what I found.

You can clearly see from this that the box has taken a decent bump at some point and put a lovely crease into the centre piece pulling the back box out of line.

The back box looks awful in this pic but that's just the rain making it look weathered.

A bit of fiddling and faffing and we got the exhaust off, then we spent what seemed like an eternity trying to separate the back box from the centre pipe, they were basically welded together and the bump had probably sealed them together even more.

After literally about an hour of twisting, hammering and generally swearing defeat was admitted and the idea to bob down to a local Charlie Browns was floated.

Exhaust in the boot of Brinkz' motor and off we went, the guys at Charlie Browns willingly helped us out in our hour of need and got some heat applied to the pipe and separated them both, SUCCESS! They even disposed of my old knackered box for me :) If I ever hear anybody bad mouth Charlie Browns I will personally give them what for ;)

So the new centre piece I got from David at Sere was lovingly coated in exhaust paste and slid into the back box and then offered back up to the car, a few little adjustments and hey presto, tighten up all the clamps and brackets and put the rubbers back on the hangers and the job was done.

Looks absolutely bang on now, I'm well happy :funk:

New diffuser and valance has already been bought as is sat in the house just waiting for me to get a bit of time to put them together and get painted up so I can replace the damaged parts that are currently on the car, pictures will go up when this is done.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Cheers mate, just got to get the diffuser and apron bonded and painted now then I can get it put on the car, the old one has melted over the right tailpipe because the exhaust was so close to it.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
You made it sound so easy mate.... Lol

Until I remembered that Charlie Brown's was open I was genuinely worried we wouldn't get it back together given we had beat the crap out of that middle box.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I was picking my spot in the garden to curl up and spend the night like a proper homeless guy lol.

Yeah I did kind of gloss over the fact we got a socket practically welded onto a nut under the car, and it was pissing it down all day, and you nearly blinded yourself.......twice! from all the grime falling into your eyes, and we struggled to get the exhaust in your car, and the bracket bolts were a bitch to get off, but other than that it was quite easy ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Tried to replace the standard side light bulbs and number plate bulbs with LED replacements but unfortunately I got the dreaded bulb error on the dash, so I had to whip them back out and put the standard bulbs back in.

I'll keep hunting for some replacements though as I really like the white look of the LED bulbs.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Got round to cutting and riveting the bits of the apron and diffuser together this evening in preparation for getting it painted (I'm going down the body shop route, I don't trust myself to do the job as well as I know I would like it to be done) I've held off on bonding the diffuser just in case it's easier for the paint shop to prep and paint them separately.

Anyway the bits arrived looking like this

Rear apron

Diffuser

After a bit of hacking with a blade I cut the exhaust holes in the apron and then riveted the diffuser guide to it like so

And when the diffuser goes on it should look a little like this

All that remains is to find somewhere that can paint it for me for a reasonable price then I can get it bonded together and get it put on the car :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Gave the car it's first clean at the weekend in preparation for the Hally meet, if anything it made me realise that I REALLY need to get my car cleaning stuff replenished, I did the best with what I had but just it won't do long term.

Still need to get the rear diffuser painted before I can get it put on, but I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a place to do a decent job that doesn't want more than I currently have to spend.

Took a snap under the garage lights too, no swirl marks :D

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
What did you use? Got 2 layers of dodo supernatural hybrid on mine at the minute and really like the glossy look it gives. Used auto finesse triple as a polish which was better than srp.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
For the wash I just used some old Auto Glym I've got, need to buy some applicators to apply the wax I have so the car hasn't had a wax yet.

Just bought a couple of bits now but I'm on a strict budget at the moment so just bought some shampoo, Bilberry wheel cleaner and some leather cleaner & conditioner for the interior.

When I've got some more disposable I'll build up my collection again, pretty much need to start from scratch again though :(

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thanks fella :)

To be fair the car came to me in very good condition anyway so I am just going to do my best to keep it that way, but it is a really nice colour when it's cleaned up, you get some good reflections off it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members