SOLD - Crafoo's Mk2 LCR Speed Blue - Meet the successor!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
So I finally got round to getting my new rear diffuser sprayed and picked it up this week.

Bonded it all together (which a was less than fun experience as the stupid tube of adhesive you get with the kit decided to split about 4 minutes into the job making the job of putting down a nice line of adhesive rather tricky) then decided with the weather being rather lovely to tackle the job of replacing the old one, which as you can see from the pics had suffered quite badly at the hands of the tailpipes.

A quick picture of what lay ahead with the new shiny part laid out ready.

First step was to remove the number plate and then the 5 or so screws that hold the diffuser to the car, there are also two sneaky screws that sit between the valance and the diffuser which need to come out so you can unclip the whole thing from the car.

Now I'd like to say that I removed it with ease but the truth is I had a right old battle and until the introduction of a screwdriver to pop open the clips there was much swearing and furious staring at the back of the car.

Anyway once the first few clips popped and I got the screwdriver to the others it came off pretty easily, the clips have little lugs on them which clip into place so you need that little bit of pressure to just hold them away while you pull the valance towards you

After the valance was removed I was left with a bit of light cleaning and then the simple task of clipping the new part home.

You can see from the picture the locating holes in the bodywork that the valance clips into, there are a fair few clips to pop in.

New valance/diffuser in all clipped and screwed back in, now just for the job of lining up and screwing in the number plate, bit of help from the wife on this one just to get it looking something like level, then just use the two self tappers to screw the plate to the valance.

And job done :)

By the way, the Cadbury Popcorn things were the wife's ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
The one in your sig looks very well kept mate, got a nice shine going on there :) and you get better fuel economy than I do ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
She's lovely mate, keep her tidy and you'll get no end of fun out of her, meanwhile I'll be in a petrol station crying lol

Want to try and get some time to book in at the dealers to get the bonnet liner replaced and get the "fix" applied so the water doesn't ruin the new one.

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Just a quick question where abouts where the two sneaky screws as when I swapped my fr valance for cupra r I only found 5 holes so was left with 2 screws lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Just a quick question where abouts where the two sneaky screws as when I swapped my fr valance for cupra r I only found 5 holes so was left with 2 screws lol

They sit between
the valance and the diffuser where the screw's right at the far edges go so you need to separate the two bits to get to them, they are literally about an inch further in. When I get time I'll post up a picture.

Nice work. You should have just stuck he plate on tho, would have saved putting holes in the new valance.

Don't like the idea of the sticky plates, I see them littered all over the road lol short of them being stolen I think they'll be alright :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home

If you look at post 28 on this thread at the first picture of the valance and expand it you can just make out two screw holes at the very edges of either side of the valance, the ones that are the "sneaky" ones are the ones just slightly in from the outermost screw holes. (hope I've explained that well enough, I know what I mean lol)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Had my rear valance repainted to match the diffuser so it's now all gloss black, looks so much better in my opinion, will get some pictures the next time I wash her, which I was hoping to do today but it's far too hot for that game.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members