SOLD - Crafoo's Mk2 LCR Speed Blue - Meet the successor!

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Had my rear valance repainted to match the diffuser so it's now all gloss black, looks so much better in my opinion, will get some pictures the next time I wash her, which I was hoping to do today but it's far too hot for that game.

That's exactly what I'm planning on doin. You don't really notice the textured panel until your right up close to it.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Had my rear valance repainted to match the diffuser so it's now all gloss black, looks so much better in my opinion, will get some pictures the next time I wash her, which I was hoping to do today but it's far too hot for that game.
<br />
<br />
That's exactly what I'm planning on doin. You don't really notice the textured panel until your right up close to it.

It looks better, I think it should have been gloss from the factory, it all looks more like one piece now rather than two separate bits.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Managed to get round to washing the car again and thought I'd take a few pics of the rear valance to show the before and after, now it's got a more shiny glossy finish.

Before (more of a textured finish)

After (more glossy/shiny)

I think it looks better than standard :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Got some cheeky free SCN stickers from another member here (Toxic, cheers dude) and decided while it was nice out to have a think about where to put them, as the rears on the R are tinted I figured they wouldn't show up so good, so I thought about where else they could go, ended up settling on this.

Thoughts and comments?

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
Northern Ireland Portglenone
I totally agree with your views on the sticky plates when it came to mot time on my old car stuck the mot plates over the other 1s and the rear fell off lucky for me I found it again lol after that its screws all the way
haven't had chance to drive my lcr much since purchase but done a short run today and was getting around the 30mpg which im more than happy with, though its half of what I got from the 1.9 tdi :(
that was a pretty nasty bump in the exhaust when you had it off were you not tempted to slap on an aftermarket system?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I totally agree with your views on the sticky plates when it came to mot time on my old car stuck the mot plates over the other 1s and the rear fell off lucky for me I found it again lol after that its screws all the way
haven't had chance to drive my lcr much since purchase but done a short run today and was getting around the 30mpg which im more than happy with, though its half of what I got from the 1.9 tdi :(
that was a pretty nasty bump in the exhaust when you had it off were you not tempted to slap on an aftermarket system?

You were never going to get the same MPG from the R though, plus it's a more fun car to drive.

Yeah it did take a bit of a knock, just gutted I didn't notice before I picked the car up, to be honest I only replaced the centre piece which was only £100 which at the time I could just about afford, a full replacement system was out of my budget and also I wasn't that fussed about replacing it. Might be something I do further down the line but for the moment I'm happy with it.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
aye its a proper hoot to drive. so many little things im noticing that I didn't during the test drive like the much more responsive steering is etc.
pulled into petrol station earlier id swear some builder dropped his filled soda when I pulled up.lol defo got the wow factor :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah I spent some time in one of our work pool cars the other day (Volvo V50) and got straight out and then drove mine home, you don't realise how different the things like steering response is until you have that direct comparison.

I get plenty of looks in mine too and I'd consider the blue to be a subtle colour, I think it's the rareness of the car, quite of lot of Cupra's and K1's about but not many R's driving about.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
yea that's very true I checked a website that tells you how many are registered in the uk and it was coming up 323 and for likes of golf r was 800 and something I think so its an unbelievably rare motor especially in lil old northern Ireland where we cant even get half decent super unleaded lol

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Car looks great - excellent choice of colour too! :) - Like the rear valance mod, subtle but as you say should've been that way from the start! may have to look at getting ours done now....... :D

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I was torn between getting it painted or having some kind of wrap done, I was thinking carbon wrap at some point but I'm happy with the finished look.

Do it!! haha

N700JJS

Nice Motor mate!
Love the colour of these!

There is a Speed Blue one that drives around town near me, and i fall in love with it everytime i see it!

The rear diffuser looks sweet! <3

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Nice Motor mate!
Love the colour of these!

There is a Speed Blue one that drives around town near me, and i fall in love with it everytime i see it!

The rear diffuser looks sweet! <3

Thanks mate, I didn't set out to get a blue one but after I saw it I really liked the colour, looks nice when it's clean, which at the moment it isn't lol

Lovely car, lovely colour, not quite as nice as my yellow one though. ;)

Thanks fella, my old Ibiza was yellow so felt it was time for a change of colour :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Got her booked in for some warranty work on Wednesday, creaky seat back on the passenger side and the classic mouldy bonnet liner.

Figured I'd better get round to booking it in at some point :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thought I'd update this for those who have the mouldy bonnet liner issue, I spoke with the manager at the dealers I took my car too and he wasn't aware of the "fix" show I showed him the TPI that I had which details the need to replace the liner and put the foam in to prevent the ingress of water in the future.

They searched the system and spoke with Seat directly but came back with nothing, there was no record of this fix on the system so it seems that Seat have pulled this and no longer do it, it could be that it wasn't actually a proper fix for the issue so they have removed it, just waiting for word back from the dealers to see how they will proceed with this, I'll update when I know more.

Also the creaky seat back will get looked at when it goes back in for the bonnet liner work doing, as they've never had an R in the workshop before they are wanting to make certain they have all the details on how to remove the seat backs before they start the work, they don't want to tackle the work without being sure on how to do it just in case they damage something, which is fair enough.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise